Daytona Bike Week Gathering, March 12-15th, 2014 - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Daytona Bike Week Gathering, March 12-15th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by CobraUSA View Post
    Hey Guys,

Cobra will have a display setup at J&P Cycles for Bike Week this year. We'll be in the parking lot, just out the front door of J&P's building.

Come on by and say hi!

Dustin
    I will try to check you out. I have answered your PM..
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

one week to go,

I have been to Daytona several times and I will tell you based on my previous visits, the weather is UNPREDICTABLE. There have been years where the temps were in the 40's and years where the temps were in their 70's So pack for cold and warm weather.

On my last 3 visits, we have had rain showers for about 2-5 hours at least 50% of the time that we were riding. Pack for rain and have extra dry clothes just in case.

Florida weather can be great but can also be a royal pain. Hoping we have sunshine for our riding. looking forward in seeing everyone.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Phantom, just curious...have you taken a look at the extended weather forecast to see the how much rain we're likely to encounter during our ride?
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Phantom, just curious...have you taken a look at the extended weather forecast to see the how much rain we're likely to encounter during our ride?
    No, I haven't. will do so later today.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    No, I haven't. will do so later today.
    I don't have total confidence in long-range forecasts but right now, the weather source I use shows daytime high temps averaging in the 70's for Tuesday through Saturday in the Daytona area and chance of rain as follows: Tues-20%, Wed-40%, Thur-20%, Fri-10%, Sat-0%. For further South, like Miami for example, chance of rain is even lower and temps are in the 80's. This sounds like a pretty good forecast to me but I'd be interested to see if your weather source agrees. Thanks!
    Ken (Hornblower)

Temperature in the 70's

Wednesday 30-40% rain
    Thursday 30% rain
    Friday 10% rain
    Saturday sunny

If guys want to forgo the ride down to Key West because of the possibility of 30-40% chance of rain, we need to cancel the hotel reservations in Florida City and find hotels near Daytona .... Orlando might be the alternative this close to the event.

We need to make a quick decision in the next 2 days or stay the course. I'm good with any decision however I am not a happy rider when I am soaking wet but can deal with it.

Well, I'm the eternal optimist so, to me, a 30-40% chance of rain means a 70-60% chance that it won't. I know that's not technically and scientifically the right way to analyze it, but it usually gives me a positive spin on what to expect. Our weather sources seem to agree that the weather improves as the week goes on so, even if we get a little wet early on, we get a chance to dry out later My vote is for all the way to the Keys or bust
    Ken (Hornblower)

"My vote is for all the way to the Keys or bust"
    Having never been to the Keys, I'm in. We all have been wet at sometime or another.
    It wont be as bad as the tornado I rode through about 1 1/2 years ago. go

my vote - str8 on till Key West

The initial Friday afternoon departure time has been cancelled by yet another mid atlantic winter storm (perpetual winter - Jeez).
    Methinks the weather gods are still angry that Peyton lost the super bowl.
    Therefore we'll be setting off for warmer climes on Saturday morning oh dark thirty.

80's alternative and classic rock all the way to FLA (& the occasional cracker barrel)

Who bumped their head here………. I will be going to the Keys….if I planned my life around the weather I would never leave the couch…here in FLA…its ten miles or ten minutes and the weather will change…. I don’t know about weather people in your area but in my area the only way I would believe anything that was put of by them would to be to go outside and look……the rest do/plan as you please….
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com