Daytona Bike Week Gathering, March 12-15th, 2014 - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Daytona Bike Week Gathering, March 12-15th, 2014

We all started out in a bag of water.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Ride is still on .... Rain or shine

Small or large group, we are rolling

Myself and a friend will meet up with the group coming over from Naples. The plan is to catch up with everyone at Fort Pierce around 1:30pm. If for some reason we encounter a delay, we will meet everyone in Homestead for Dinner at Marios Family restaurant wednesday evening.

Phantom
    Steve 0080
    Guest of Steve
    3Putt
    Hornblower
    Deer Slayer
    Cool Hand Luke
    firetech
    cwjj2001
    Clash

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Is this still part of the plan too? From the original itinerary:

Wednesday March 12th at 10:30am we meet in Titusville Florida
    Location: Dixie Cross Roads Restaurant , 1475 Garden St, Titusville FL 32796 (opens at 11am and we will have lunch)
    We depart at 12:30 pm for Homestead Florida and take a leisure ride along the Coastal Highway, arrive around 6-7 PM. Dinner at Marios Family Restaurant.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Is this still part of the plan too? From the original itinerary:

Wednesday March 12th at 10:30am we meet in Titusville Florida
    Location: Dixie Cross Roads Restaurant , 1475 Garden St, Titusville FL 32796 (opens at 11am and we will have lunch)
    We depart at 12:30 pm for Homestead Florida and take a leisure ride along the Coastal Highway, arrive around 6-7 PM. Dinner at Marios Family Restaurant.

Yes, Original meeting location has not changed. Only the time when I catch up with the group. Steve will be in Titusville to greet everyone. I am taking a detour down the west coast to Naples and then cutting across to connect with the group.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Heading down to Daytona

What time and route are you guys from NC taking this trip? I am heading down on 95 all the way from Va. I plan to leave sometime around 6 or 7am on Tuesday. Let me know if someone would like to roll down with me.

Quote Originally Posted by cwjj2001 View Post
    What time and route are you guys from NC taking this trip? I am heading down on 95 all the way from Va. I plan to leave sometime around 6 or 7am on Tuesday. Let me know if someone would like to roll down with me.
    Deer Slayer and I are planning on heading out around 6AM Tuesday morning...we'll start out on I-40W, then 77S thru Charlotte, then I-26 around Columbia, and finally I-95 for the rest of the way. Since you going all the way on I-95, it's unlikely our paths will cross but, if you see two F6B's, one black and one red, that will probably be us. BTW, we should reach the intersection of I-26 and I-95 somewhere around 9:30 AM. What time do you expect to be passing by that intersection?
    Ken (Hornblower)

current temp 30 degrees F

Daytona departure time delayed due to non-retreating ice/snow pack on the driveway.
    Temp at 10am will be mid 40s hopefully allowing me to break thru the crust and give a wee bit of stability until i get to a ploughed road (0.3 mile)

Good song to start the southward trek
    Here comes the Sun - the beatles

Temps here currently 72...headed to 80 all next week ...rain chance down to 20% on Wed and none for after that ....if you believe theweather man.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Daytona

To all going to Daytona, have a great week and above all ride safe.

Unhappy

Most likely I won't make it as planned. My 'roommate' can't make it and I can just go to Daytona itself as I can meet up with three of my riding buddies there. I may also ride to St. Pete to visit a friend and then ride over to Daytona. I just don't feel good about paying about $500 for a room by myself for four nights when I can stay cheaper or free. Leaves more money for farkles!

Anyway, I hope you have a great ride and hope to catch you next time!