Did you own a Goldwing before the F6B? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Did you convert from a Wing to an F6B?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 24.51%
  • No

194 75.49%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Did you own a Goldwing before the F6B?

I was a die hard Harley-Davidson rider and thought that I'd never own anything but an H-D. I have owned numerous Electraglides, a Roadglide, and most recently a Streetglide. My local HD / Honda dealer saw me eyeballing the F6B in their showroom and asked me if I'd like to demo it for the day. It didn't take a day. After approx. 1/2 hour on the Honda I was sold. I am really enjoying this bike. I am really impressed with the amount of HP & Torque that this thing produces stock out of the crate. It's a fun bike.

No

I traded a harley road king in on mine

I had a fully restored 81 GL1100 Interstate until a left turner took me out in mid-block.
    It had so many upgrades to make it perform that I took a bath from the insurance on that one, along with 9 screws and a plate in my left ankle from that damn mini van.

The F6B is the replacement, but it doesn't have the ground clearance nor the lean angle of the old wing. I like the F6B alot, but I still miss my old wing.

Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    I had a fully restored 81 GL1100 Interstate until a left turner took me out in mid-block.
    It had so many upgrades to make it perform that I took a bath from the insurance on that one, along with 9 screws and a plate in my left ankle from that damn mini van.

The F6B is the replacement, but it doesn't have the ground clearance nor the lean angle of the old wing. I like the F6B alot, but I still miss my old wing.
    There's no love like your first love.

I had 2 GL1800's before the F6B. A nice Gray 2001 and a yellow 2010. I'm also selling my Victory Vision that I've had for the past few years. I love the F6B, I was tired of the old man stigma that went with the wing but the F6 is perfect for guys my age (41) looks sinister and hip yet functions much like the wing. The matte black and no trunk do wonders for how good it looks.

Nearly 10 years ago I test rode a 2003 GL1800 a friend was having to sell. I was absolutely amazed at what a great bike it was, loved the thing. However, I ride solo so the trunk was too much, and I didn't like the looks. During the time between then and now I had a variety of bikes: Yamaha-BMW-Moto Guzzi-Harley Davidson. When I saw advanced press photos of the F6B I knew I was in trouble, had to have it! Now with close to a year owning the F6B I'm very happy with it.

My first Wing

In reverse order from most recent.....

Harley Ultra Limited
    Harley Road King
    Polaris Sportsman 500
    Honda Big Red
    Kids....no bikes
    Honda CB750F
    Kawasaki KZ400
    Mini bike

Does a couple of Valkyrie's count.

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    Does a couple of Valkyrie's count.
    Valkyries should count including the 2015 Valk which is just an F6B without the side cases so listing mine below as one of my Goldwings

I'm surprised that I owned so many Goldwings which included the Goldwing 1100 (4 cylinder), Goldwing 1200 (4 cylinder), Goldwing Interstate 1500 (6 cylinder), Valkyrie 1500 (6 cylinder), Goldwing F6B 1800 (6 cylinder)

I never had a wing before. The full wing was always a passing thought that I just let pass. I started to consider them in the last 2 years. But with the F6B, It was love at first sight. That was it and I knew it! I don't know if I could be happier with a full wing but I'm loving life with this one.
    That is if it ever stops snowing up here in ct and I can actually ride!!!!