windshield, aesthetics vs function

Thread: windshield, aesthetics vs function

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Get a 13"

I have one and it works pretty good.

I'm going to get a 15" for the colder months.

I'm 5'10" and I have an Ultimate King seat… if you are interested in my metrics behind the Madstadt
    I appreciate the input, but I'm 5'8" and have the stock seat and I would have an issue seeing over the 13". I extended my 11" all the way this morning (still experimenting) and the top of the shield was directly in my vision…not good.

Spent another 2hrs this morning to no avail, again. I may be expecting too much from reading impressions on the MadStad, but unfortunately at this point I'm really not impressed in any way with its performance. I can't even get a nice steady flow of air, and I still have the same buffeting at ear level. Back too the drawing board this evening.

Thanks,
    Joe

I loved the stock shorty also. Suited me to get some wind in my face and the weather wasnt a problem. Then I took a trip down south. The bugs kept me blind. I had a Klockwerks installed for the trip back and have loved it since. Better for the stereo,fun watching the bug execute themselves at the top of the flip. I still get some wind(full helmet with the visor up and shades) but thats ok.

Another Option

Hi Folks

I ride with an HJC RPHA modular helmet. Stock shield pretty noisy above 55-60 made hearing stereo impossible. Added Memphis Shades Hot Wing extension now stereo is fine up to 80 or so.
    I'm 5' 8" stock seat see over the shield and Hot Wing. Works for me. YMMV

Ride safe
    WEG
    ATGATT

Circle-5
    On day-1 I switched to the Honda "tall" windshield P/N 08R70-MJG-670 (plus the vent) because I think it looks best on the F6B. I'm exactly 6.0ft. tall, and it also allows me to looks either above or below the top, which is perfect. I added two screws with OEM spacers in the empty mounting holes, for a total of five – not sure if that helps, but it can't hurt.

I love driving my convertible with the open top and the air conditioning at full blast on hot California days. I wish the F6B had air conditioning as well, but I suppose that might be just a bit impractical ...