Quote Originally Posted by Apache1 View Post
Hey Doubleh, did you receive and install the 13 inch shield yet? I'm really wanting to order, was gonna order the 11" until I read your post. Did you stay with the dark smoke, and are you still looking "over" the shield? Waiting to pull the trigger!
Yes, I received the Extra Dark Gray 13" shield, installed it, and at its lowest position it was too much of a problem for me to see over clearly. After riding for 20 minutes, my vision was fatigued. I'm shipping it back tomorrow. I then installed the "stock" windshield and headed towards the highway. On the way, doing 20-30MPH I felt like I was doing 100-MPH due to the shield throwing the wind directly into my face. I immediately returned home and put the Extra Dark Gray 11" back on, which I can see over clearly, and I will continue to adjust it until I find a happy medium. I think I was just expecting much too much from the MadStad, because the Klock Werks buffeting is unbearable and the "stock" shield just directs the wind into your face. Even though I had complained about the wind being at my ear level, there was no buffeting like the KW. I actually think it's the cross winds on the highway I'm testing on. I need to take a nice long ride elsewhere with the 11" and adjust from there.