Joe,

I believe that you will find a significant difference between the Madstaad and the KW.

When you install the Madstaad base plate to the motorcycle, I suggest that you put Loctite on the three mounting fasteners. You will not want to access them again later if it can be avoided. There are several good videos available that describe the Gold Wing windshield replacement; the F6B process is similar.

The Madstaad might require some trial and error to get the best adjustment for you. When you get to speed, with your left hand, find the airflow coming off the left side of the windshield. I believe you'll find that it's blowing to the outside of your shoulder. If the airflow coming over the middle of the Madstaad is hitting you below the top of your helmet, you should be able to easily adjust the 11" shield to push that airflow over your head.

With the Madstaad, it seems to me that the airflow is more affected by the angle adjustment than the height adjustment. You'll quickly get it figured out. Good luck!

allen