windshield, aesthetics vs function
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: windshield, aesthetics vs function

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think I have had 5 shields…the best looking was the Baggershield 17”…I an now using a HondaLine w/ vent...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

120ci, Take a look at the Madstad. It looks good (technical and aggressive) although some do not care for the styling. It sits low so you can look well over it, yet it's the best I've ever had for protection and quiet. Getting quite popular with the F6B. I first got the 13 incher (I'm 5'10") but switched to the 11 incher. My profile picture here shows the 11 inch. Check out the very large Forum thread "Madstad for F6B" and see the pics scattered throughout the thread. Also, check out www.madstad.com. The site has a few pics including d-shark from this Forum and myself (with the original 13 inch shield, it's the pic in the park setting). There is quite a selection of aftermarket shields available now. You're sure to find one that will work out well for you.

I like to wear a 3/4 lid and look over the windshield by as much as possible. Madstad is the winner. I look over it by at least 4". And its way adjustable.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

I have the Windbender HP Electric 11" dark smoke. You can adjust the height to a max of 15" with a switch while running down the highway.

KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    I have the Windbender HP Electric 11" dark smoke. You can adjust the height to a max of 15" with a switch while running down the highway.
    VERY NICE looking set-up, KJ!

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    This is the best looking non-shorty windsheild I have seen. I like the way it retains the factory rake and the power feature is fantastic! I like the farkle shelf option too. If I ever decide to go with something besides the stock size screen this would be it. Unfortunately the $800 price is enough for me to really evaluate if I need it or not.

I have also ponied up for a Clearview sport type shield. I hope it provides enough coverage for extended rides. Clearview seems to have a liberal return policy if you dont foul it up prior to sending it back.(good pics on the website) I thinks Miles is getting the 'GT' (grand touring)
    I too am waiting.
    Blotar

A big thank you all for the great responses and pictures.

Today I installed a Honda vented 16.5" tall clear windshield for the F6B.

Also a thankyou to Cruiserman for his youtube video on how-to install the windshield, made it a cakewalk in 15 minutes. I will be purchasing some of your videos as to oil-change and maybe tire-change. Thank you....

So, I called the local Honda shop and it happened that they had a tall F6B shield in stock, new in box of course. I got it for $190 out the door.

Pulled the fairing Tupperware this morning at the house, removed the stock windshield, rode it to the Honda shop, bought the new shield and installed it in the lot. Had some onlookers, they seen how easy it was, but they seemed a little intrigued. Saved a ton of install money

The ride to the shop without a shield was pretty fun, it was cool out 50 degrees and sunny, couldn't ask for better. The ride home was just fantastic, heard the music from my MP3 player even at 65mph with all sound. At 5'11" I can see perfectly over the 16.5" (from rubber up) with comfort and I can tuck a little and lose all wind and noise totally.

Thanks again.............. Ed

replacement windshiel

I am new to the F6B, after riding Victory Cross Country. I also like the shorty look on the bike but just too much wind for me. I installed a CeeBailey 15" with vent and light gray tint. Perfect for me. I look just slightly over the top but the wind is deflected.

Quote Originally Posted by seagravesg View Post
    I am new to the F6B, after riding Victory Cross Country. I also like the shorty look on the bike but just too much wind for me. I installed a CeeBailey 15" with vent and light gray tint. Perfect for me. I look just slightly over the top but the wind is deflected.
    How do you like the F6B itself so far, not in comparison to the Victory?