windshield, aesthetics vs function

Thread: windshield, aesthetics vs function

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleh View Post
    I decided to try the 13" which I'm going to try before throwing in the towel on the MadStad, which I ordered a couple of days ago. Hope it works, as I do want some wind protection without buffeting, otherwise I think I'm just going to put the stock shield back on, this way I'll at least have a direct/steady stream of air. Thanks for the advice!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Aftermarket windscreen

About two weeks after bringing the bike home and after much research on this site and other resources I decided on an F4 Customs 16" clear with Honda vent installed. I'm 5'10" and have the stock seat for now. I'm very pleased with this setup. I look through the screen about 2"-3" from the top. Usually run the vent one click open as it gives a little air to me and provides almost zero buffeting and back pressure. If opened fully or one click from fully open it gives very good air movement to helmet vents and my chest. ( I wear a Shoei Quest ). Clean with a cotton towel and Meguire's Quick Detailer. Cleans up crystal clear with no scratches whatsoever after several months of use. Kind of pricey but well worth the investment.