windshield, aesthetics vs function - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: windshield, aesthetics vs function

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Clearview Windshields

Clearviewshields.com also has a windshield for the F6B with the recurve at the top. Website says they offer in three sizes. Not sure if they are really in production yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone56 View Post
    Clearviewshields.com also has a windshield for the F6B with the recurve at the top. Website says they offer in three sizes. Not sure if they are really in production yet.
    Tbone, that is a good question...."if they are in production yet"...because I ordered 2 new windshields from Clearview 20 days ago, had my card charged by them 15 days ago, and was told that they were to be shipped out late last week. But as of now, I cannot get Craig to answer my calls or respond to my e-mails, so I don't know for a fact that they have been made, let alone been shipped. I have had Clearview windshields before, and love the recurve at the top, so thought I would give them another try.

Waiting..............................

both had "slipstream" decals

Quote Originally Posted by 120ci View Post
    I really love the stock shorty windshield. It fits the style and makes the bike different than a standard Goldwing.

If it were summer time or warmer outside than it is now, the shorty would be fine. But with all the recent rain and cold, even here in Florida, its time for some protection.

The situation I am having is finding pictures of F6B's with full views (side-front) of the differing windshields. I finaly found a picture of a 19" stocker type Goldwing windshield on an F6B, but it looked like a scooter with that shield.

Can anybody show pictures of the aftermarket windshields you went with in full view of the bikes please?

the smoked w-s is 7" over stock, the clear is 11" over stock (as i recall), both were "slipstream" wind shields
    Attachment 3990Attachment 3991

i bought the clear from wingstuff.com part # BB20520
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Quote Originally Posted by 120ci View Post
    I really love the stock shorty windshield. It fits the style and makes the bike different than a standard Goldwing.

If it were summer time or warmer outside than it is now, the shorty would be fine. But with all the recent rain and cold, even here in Florida, its time for some protection.

The situation I am having is finding pictures of F6B's with full views (side-front) of the differing windshields. I finaly found a picture of a 19" stocker type Goldwing windshield on an F6B, but it looked like a scooter with that shield.

Can anybody show pictures of the aftermarket windshields you went with in full view of the bikes please?

120ci, here are some shots of an a couple of our models....the tall one is a custom cut 23.5" tall and 4" wider than stock F6B. Our shortest is 14" and is 2" wider than the stock F6B. We can cut any size you would like also. Check us out at www.f4customs.co Thanks!

Attachment 4125Lloyd14VT-2.jpgLloyd14VT-4.jpgLLOYD14VT8.jpg

there are three heights available with the Clearview. I have spoken with Craig and will be sending the short Sport Model back for the Medium Sport. (light gray) Since I do not ride with a helmet the slight bufffeting on my hairline was not going to cut it for me. Craig was more than accomodating and we will trade for the next taller size. I'm sure that I will be able to find that 'sweet spot' with the replacement. Since I am kind of short I thought the short shield would do it for me, but without a helmet I need to raise the bubble a little. He has two different widths as far as I understand and three heights. He measures from the little Honda emblem between the console buttons on the flat spot on the dash. Pictures of the final install when it arrives.
    Blotar

Quote Originally Posted by Blotar View Post
    there are three heights available with the Clearview. I have spoken with Craig and will be sending the short Sport Model back for the Medium Sport. (light gray) Since I do not ride with a helmet the slight bufffeting on my hairline was not going to cut it for me. Craig was more than accomodating and we will trade for the next taller size. I'm sure that I will be able to find that 'sweet spot' with the replacement. Since I am kind of short I thought the short shield would do it for me, but without a helmet I need to raise the bubble a little. He has two different widths as far as I understand and three heights. He measures from the little Honda emblem between the console buttons on the flat spot on the dash. Pictures of the final install when it arrives.
    Blotar
    It seems that between Blotar and myself, we spend all of Craigs' time on the phone, and he can't get all of his work done
    (Craig Stenger is the owner of Clearview)

I did received both of the new Clearview windshields today, the darker tinted Sport model, and the darker tinted GT model, which is the wider version. Right now the GT is mounted on my bike, and I love it. Just for measurements sake, as described by Blotar above...both of these windshields are 16" tall. With the recurve at the top of the windshield, I think the 16 " height will be perfect for me, despite my RDL seat sitting me almost 2 " higher than stock.

These are NOT measured the same way that everyone else measures a windshield. You really should go to their website to see the pictures of how these are measured for height. Here is a picture from their website:

http://www.clearviewshields.com/assets/DSC03111.jpg

Once I get my fairing valance back in place, I will take some pics.

Windshield

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    It seems that between Blotar and myself, we spend all of Craigs' time on the phone, and he can't get all of his work done
    (Craig Stenger is the owner of Clearview)

I did received both of the new Clearview windshields today, the darker tinted Sport model, and the darker tinted GT model, which is the wider version. Right now the GT is mounted on my bike, and I love it. Just for measurements sake, as described by Blotar above...both of these windshields are 16" tall. With the recurve at the top of the windshield, I think the 16 " height will be perfect for me, despite my RDL seat sitting me almost 2 " higher than stock.

These are NOT measured the same way that everyone else measures a windshield. You really should go to their website to see the pictures of how these are measured for height. Here is a picture from their website:

http://www.clearviewshields.com/assets/DSC03111.jpg

Once I get my fairing valance back in place, I will take some pics.
    Any pictures or comments about your Clearview windshields?

Clearview Short Sport Touring Eval

I ordered and installed the clearview short "sport touring" (widest but shortest) Clearview model with the Honda vent installed and test drove it this weekend on a ~250 mile ride through the southern AZ twisties-- I am 5" 10" with a 31 in inseam, and ride with a full face helmet- here are my notes-

1) about half of my helmet was in turbulence/buffet, from ~50 mph and up, crouching down about 3 inches and slightly forward put me back in the "bubble"- this did not seem to vary much with speed in the 50-80 Mph range.
    2) had a hard time getting any airflow though my helmet, despite the full open vent ( I have a Shoei GT Air lid) it was a perfect 80 degree day, ended up wanting the faceshield up for ventilation most of the time
    3) good job on "neck down" shielding from the wind and buffet.. but again, little flow from the vent through my mesh jacket.

Considering the "tall" version of the clearview (which is only 2" taller as measured from the dashboard...), or perhaps punting and going with a windbender... (I like the asthetics of the windbender over the Mastad, although this forum seems to have mostly Mastad fans...

Any comments out there on Mastad vs Windbender???

Thanks

Boltar
    Now Riding the Vader/Batmobile Thundersled O' Destiny....

just replaced the stock short windshield

Quote Originally Posted by ED209 View Post

i now have a clearview short tour with recurve and vent, after the first ride wow what a difference. very pleased i can cross off the windshield off the list for sure