windshield, aesthetics vs function - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: windshield, aesthetics vs function

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 120ci View Post

Scottrod LOL
    Heh heh heh! 120, I'm completely serious!!!! (Most of the time, anyway!!! LOL!)

If you promise not to scream,,,

See post 187 on this page:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...hlight=madstad

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone56 View Post
    Clearviewshields.com also has a windshield for the F6B with the recurve at the top. Website says they offer in three sizes. Not sure if they are really in production yet.
    Tbone, that is a good question...."if they are in production yet"...because I ordered 2 new windshields from Clearview 20 days ago, had my card charged by them 15 days ago, and was told that they were to be shipped out late last week. But as of now, I cannot get Craig to answer my calls or respond to my e-mails, so I don't know for a fact that they have been made, let alone been shipped. I have had Clearview windshields before, and love the recurve at the top, so thought I would give them another try.

Waiting..............................

I think I have had 5 shields…the best looking was the Baggershield 17”…I an now using a HondaLine w/ vent...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

120ci, Take a look at the Madstad. It looks good (technical and aggressive) although some do not care for the styling. It sits low so you can look well over it, yet it's the best I've ever had for protection and quiet. Getting quite popular with the F6B. I first got the 13 incher (I'm 5'10") but switched to the 11 incher. My profile picture here shows the 11 inch. Check out the very large Forum thread "Madstad for F6B" and see the pics scattered throughout the thread. Also, check out www.madstad.com. The site has a few pics including d-shark from this Forum and myself (with the original 13 inch shield, it's the pic in the park setting). There is quite a selection of aftermarket shields available now. You're sure to find one that will work out well for you.

I like to wear a 3/4 lid and look over the windshield by as much as possible. Madstad is the winner. I look over it by at least 4". And its way adjustable.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

I have the Windbender HP Electric 11" dark smoke. You can adjust the height to a max of 15" with a switch while running down the highway.

KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I think I have had 5 shields…the best looking was the Baggershield 17”…I an now using a HondaLine w/ vent...
    Would you be wanting to part with any of them? Bike Week is so close and I realize I can get one at one of the display tents, but I would rather help out a member, if so.

I do thank all of you who posted and showed pics and suggestions. Thank you all.

One final question: will the stock standard Goldwing windshield bolt up to the F6B ?
    I call a Honda shop and they said it probably wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by 120ci View Post
    Would you be wanting to part with any of them? Bike Week is so close and I realize I can get one at one of the display tents, but I would rather help out a member, if so.

I do thank all of you who posted and showed pics and suggestions. Thank you all.

One final question: will the stock standard Goldwing windshield bolt up to the F6B ?
    I call a Honda shop and they said it probably wouldn't.
    Yep. You might need some fender washers due to the slots being wider.

Only (3) locations on the F6B for attachment w/o purchasing extra hardware. Unclear, but I believe late model Wings may only use 3 anyway, and earlier wings use 5.

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    I have the Windbender HP Electric 11" dark smoke. You can adjust the height to a max of 15" with a switch while running down the highway.
    VERY NICE looking set-up, KJ!

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    This is the best looking non-shorty windsheild I have seen. I like the way it retains the factory rake and the power feature is fantastic! I like the farkle shelf option too. If I ever decide to go with something besides the stock size screen this would be it. Unfortunately the $800 price is enough for me to really evaluate if I need it or not.