windshield, aesthetics vs function - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: windshield, aesthetics vs function

I have also ponied up for a Clearview sport type shield. I hope it provides enough coverage for extended rides. Clearview seems to have a liberal return policy if you dont foul it up prior to sending it back.(good pics on the website) I thinks Miles is getting the 'GT' (grand touring)
    I too am waiting.
    Blotar

A big thank you all for the great responses and pictures.

Today I installed a Honda vented 16.5" tall clear windshield for the F6B.

Also a thankyou to Cruiserman for his youtube video on how-to install the windshield, made it a cakewalk in 15 minutes. I will be purchasing some of your videos as to oil-change and maybe tire-change. Thank you....

So, I called the local Honda shop and it happened that they had a tall F6B shield in stock, new in box of course. I got it for $190 out the door.

Pulled the fairing Tupperware this morning at the house, removed the stock windshield, rode it to the Honda shop, bought the new shield and installed it in the lot. Had some onlookers, they seen how easy it was, but they seemed a little intrigued. Saved a ton of install money

The ride to the shop without a shield was pretty fun, it was cool out 50 degrees and sunny, couldn't ask for better. The ride home was just fantastic, heard the music from my MP3 player even at 65mph with all sound. At 5'11" I can see perfectly over the 16.5" (from rubber up) with comfort and I can tuck a little and lose all wind and noise totally.

Thanks again.............. Ed

Quote Originally Posted by 120ci View Post

Also a thankyou to Cruiserman for his youtube video on how-to install the windshield, made it a cakewalk in 15 minutes. I will be purchasing some of your videos as to oil-change and maybe tire-change. Thank you....

So, I called the local Honda shop and it happened that they had a tall F6B shield in stock, new in box of course. I got it for $190 out the door.

Pulled the fairing Tupperware this morning at the house, removed the stock windshield, rode it to the Honda shop, bought the new shield and installed it in the lot. Had some onlookers, they seen how easy it was, but they seemed a little intrigued. Saved a ton of install money

The ride to the shop without a shield was pretty fun, it was cool out 50 degrees and sunny, couldn't ask for better. The ride home was just fantastic, heard the music from my MP3 player even at 65mph with all sound. At 5'11" I can see perfectly over the 16.5" (from rubber up) with comfort and I can tuck a little and lose all wind and noise totally.

Like they say, no pics, didn't happen. At 5"9 I could probably get by w/a little shorter shield.

pictures

OK, little tips here.
    Attachment 4016
    That's a 10mm and you pull this point of plastic out and over the threaded nipple to remove fairing.

Attachment 4017
    Heres the open front, those are 8mm bolts

Attachment 4018
    installed and lovin it

F4 Custom

My F4 Custom was at my house in 4 days I love it
    Ok he's done

Quote Originally Posted by 120ci View Post

I think you will enjoy the protection. My Honda tall has been on my bike since day 1. I can hear the radio at 80 mph. And, the vent is excellent in the summer to allow some air to hit your body but not in your face or helmet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Excited like a little kid

Received and installed my Madstad Engineering 11 inch dark smoke shield tonight and going for a long ride tomorrow. Thought I would need a 13 inch but the 11 was hard to see over in the upper most position.

Hopefully it lives up the the hype - it's not as funky looking as I thought it would be.

Just got my new Clearview Sport windshield tonight. I called the UPS driver by name. (one of my best friends) I couldn't wait to install. I left the shrink wrap on as I was afraid it wasn't going to protect like I needed it to. So, I left the neighborhood and got some speed going. It seemed as I went faster the 'bubble' got larger and I got more protection. I have to admit that the 'baggershield' I traded for gave me a great bubble of protection, I do like this windshield. I get a little wind around the edges of my head but the main wind is not hitting me anywhere. I think the original 'look' of the F6B has been preserved and I think that I will really like this one the best.
    BlotarAttachment 4113

Rode 160 miles last weekend with the new Madstad 11 inch shield. The performance is great, good enough in fact to get over the interesting looks. Finally got to enjoy the stereo at high speeds.

Observed an interesting side effect, I rode an average of 10 - 15 mph faster than with the stock windshield. Less noise, less friction in my face, less realization of the speed I am moving. Had to watch my speeds as I was moving faster than I realized.

Got to let the bike loose on some great twisties heading up highway 87 leaving Phoenix northbound. Enjoyed watching a few Harley friends in the side view mirrors. I built a deeper appreciation for the frame and engineering that Honda put into this bike. Ride quality was far superior to my 2008 street glide.

JB

Glad to see you got something. It was way to windy for me with the shorty shield. Me personally I like lots of protection and I also like smoking my cigars while I ride so I had to have the tall shield. I found a used Windstream it's' 19 or 20" and I got it for $70. Here is a shot installed.