windshield, aesthetics vs function - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: windshield, aesthetics vs function

Quote Originally Posted by Blotar View Post
    Just got my new Clearview Sport windshield tonight. I called the UPS driver by name. (one of my best friends) I couldn't wait to install. I left the shrink wrap on as I was afraid it wasn't going to protect like I needed it to. So, I left the neighborhood and got some speed going. It seemed as I went faster the 'bubble' got larger and I got more protection. I have to admit that the 'baggershield' I traded for gave me a great bubble of protection, I do like this windshield. I get a little wind around the edges of my head but the main wind is not hitting me anywhere. I think the original 'look' of the F6B has been preserved and I think that I will really like this one the best.
    BlotarAttachment 4113
    Blotar, I am pleased to see that you received your new Clearview windshield, and the picture of it. I am expecting to receive two (2) windshields from them today...a Sport, and a GT. I have used Clearview windshields several times in the past, so I hope one of these will suit me for the ride out to Florida.

Just got my new Clearview Sport windshield tonight. I called the UPS driver by name. (one of my best friends) I couldn't wait to install. I left the shrink wrap on as I was afraid it wasn't going to protect like I needed it to. So, I left the neighborhood and got some speed going. It seemed as I went faster the 'bubble' got larger and I got more protection. I have to admit that the 'baggershield' I traded for gave me a great bubble of protection, I do like this windshield. I get a little wind around the edges of my head but the main wind is not hitting me anywhere. I think the original 'look' of the F6B has been preserved and I think that I will really like this one the best.
    BlotarAttachment 4113
    Love the look of your shield. When I went to their website, I could not find that shield. I clicked on the Honda logo, then selected the GL1800 and it then asked me to select several options. How were you able to select your style shield?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Love the look of your shield. When I went to their website, I could not find that shield. I clicked on the Honda logo, then selected the GL1800 and it then asked me to select several options. How were you able to select your style shield?

You will SOON have a DIRECT link to their website and F6B page shortly.
    Thanks to Mr. Miles, they have become a supporting vendor and we will have more details in the next 7-10 days.
    They will have a company ad on the home page amongst the other supporting vendors.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

You will SOON have a DIRECT link to their website and F6B page shortly.
    Thanks to Mr. Miles, they have become a supporting vendor and we will have more details in the next 7-10 days.
    They will have a company ad on the home page amongst the other supporting vendors.

Thanks, since I don't have my bike yet I can wait .

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post

Bill, you can also go to their website....type in the name F6B into their search box...and it will bring up that page with pictures of the new F6B windshields.

Thank you to Phantom for signing Clearview up as a sponsoring vendor.

Hmm, this Clearview shield intrigues me. I am finding it hard getting used to looking through or having to peek just over a shield and this looks like it could provide an option where I can clearly look over the top of the shield but still have wind protection. Does anyone know what the 3 heights are that they reference on their site for F6B shields?

- Bill

Quote Originally Posted by 120ci View Post
    I really love the stock shorty windshield. It fits the style and makes the bike different than a standard Goldwing.

If it were summer time or warmer outside than it is now, the shorty would be fine. But with all the recent rain and cold, even here in Florida, its time for some protection.

The situation I am having is finding pictures of F6B's with full views (side-front) of the differing windshields. I finaly found a picture of a 19" stocker type Goldwing windshield on an F6B, but it looked like a scooter with that shield.

Can anybody show pictures of the aftermarket windshields you went with in full view of the bikes please?

120ci, here are some shots of an a couple of our models....the tall one is a custom cut 23.5" tall and 4" wider than stock F6B. Our shortest is 14" and is 2" wider than the stock F6B. We can cut any size you would like also. Check us out at www.f4customs.co Thanks!

Attachment 4125Lloyd14VT-2.jpgLloyd14VT-4.jpgLLOYD14VT8.jpg

there are three heights available with the Clearview. I have spoken with Craig and will be sending the short Sport Model back for the Medium Sport. (light gray) Since I do not ride with a helmet the slight bufffeting on my hairline was not going to cut it for me. Craig was more than accomodating and we will trade for the next taller size. I'm sure that I will be able to find that 'sweet spot' with the replacement. Since I am kind of short I thought the short shield would do it for me, but without a helmet I need to raise the bubble a little. He has two different widths as far as I understand and three heights. He measures from the little Honda emblem between the console buttons on the flat spot on the dash. Pictures of the final install when it arrives.
    Blotar

there are three heights available with the Clearview. I have spoken with Craig and will be sending the short Sport Model back for the Medium Sport. (light gray) Since I do not ride with a helmet the slight bufffeting on my hairline was not going to cut it for me. Craig was more than accomodating and we will trade for the next taller size. I'm sure that I will be able to find that 'sweet spot' with the replacement. Since I am kind of short I thought the short shield would do it for me, but without a helmet I need to raise the bubble a little. He has two different widths as far as I understand and three heights. He measures from the little Honda emblem between the console buttons on the flat spot on the dash. Pictures of the final install when it arrives.
    Blotar
    It seems that between Blotar and myself, we spend all of Craigs' time on the phone, and he can't get all of his work done
    (Craig Stenger is the owner of Clearview)

I did received both of the new Clearview windshields today, the darker tinted Sport model, and the darker tinted GT model, which is the wider version. Right now the GT is mounted on my bike, and I love it. Just for measurements sake, as described by Blotar above...both of these windshields are 16" tall. With the recurve at the top of the windshield, I think the 16 " height will be perfect for me, despite my RDL seat sitting me almost 2 " higher than stock.

These are NOT measured the same way that everyone else measures a windshield. You really should go to their website to see the pictures of how these are measured for height. Here is a picture from their website:

http://www.clearviewshields.com/assets/DSC03111.jpg

Once I get my fairing valance back in place, I will take some pics.

Windshield

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    It seems that between Blotar and myself, we spend all of Craigs' time on the phone, and he can't get all of his work done
    (Craig Stenger is the owner of Clearview)

I did received both of the new Clearview windshields today, the darker tinted Sport model, and the darker tinted GT model, which is the wider version. Right now the GT is mounted on my bike, and I love it. Just for measurements sake, as described by Blotar above...both of these windshields are 16" tall. With the recurve at the top of the windshield, I think the 16 " height will be perfect for me, despite my RDL seat sitting me almost 2 " higher than stock.

These are NOT measured the same way that everyone else measures a windshield. You really should go to their website to see the pictures of how these are measured for height. Here is a picture from their website:

http://www.clearviewshields.com/assets/DSC03111.jpg

Once I get my fairing valance back in place, I will take some pics.
    Any pictures or comments about your Clearview windshields?