windshield, aesthetics vs function - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: windshield, aesthetics vs function

just replaced the stock short windshield

Quote Originally Posted by ED209 View Post
    I really love the stock shorty windshield. It fits the style and makes the bike different than a standard Goldwing.

If it were summer time or warmer outside than it is now, the shorty would be fine. But with all the recent rain and cold, even here in Florida, its time for some protection.

The situation I am having is finding pictures of F6B's with full views (side-front) of the differing windshields. I finaly found a picture of a 19" stocker type Goldwing windshield on an F6B, but it looked like a scooter with that shield.

Can anybody show pictures of the aftermarket windshields you went with in full view of the bikes please?

i now have a clearview short tour with recurve and vent, after the first ride wow what a difference. very pleased i can cross off the windshield off the list for sure

Quote Originally Posted by gfnk106 View Post
    I have a 19" Slipstreamer shield on mine with the adjustable vent. I am 5' 11" and really like the pocket of no turbulent air I am in. Yes the top of the windscreen is partially in my line of vision, but I have learned to adjust accordingly and it has paid off greatly.
    +1 There's no wind noise and I can have my shield completely raised on my full face helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls.Ride View Post
    +1 There's no wind noise and I can have my shield completely raised on my full face helmet.
    I know. Isn't it nice!

Couple of weeks ago I went up to Lake George, then from there, over to Vermont for a 500+mi ride (over 2-days). This was the first trip I took outside of riding with the 11" MadStad on my local highway. I'm happy to report that the 11" MadStad was nothing short of performing excellent at doing its job, and I'm totally done with my search for windshields!

replacement windshiel

I am new to the F6B, after riding Victory Cross Country. I also like the shorty look on the bike but just too much wind for me. I installed a CeeBailey 15" with vent and light gray tint. Perfect for me. I look just slightly over the top but the wind is deflected.

Quote Originally Posted by seagravesg View Post
    I am new to the F6B, after riding Victory Cross Country. I also like the shorty look on the bike but just too much wind for me. I installed a CeeBailey 15" with vent and light gray tint. Perfect for me. I look just slightly over the top but the wind is deflected.
    How do you like the F6B itself so far, not in comparison to the Victory?