Pulling the trigger, too.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulling the trigger, too.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pulling the trigger, too.....

Hi there, been lurking a bit on this forum, checking out the F6B. I just made a nice deal for a local (east TN) black 2013 F6B Deluxe with extended warranty. Should take delivery in a few days. Just wanted to say hello and ask my first two questions.

I'm totally into being able to control my iPod from the driver controls. Honda talks about some sort of SRS headphone technology. What the heck is this? How do I get tunes into my helmet? I've just used earbuds and an iPod in my jacket previously (what a nuisance!). Anyhow, I'd like to get my helmet fitted with something the plugs into the F6B and takes advantage of this SRS thing. Thanks....

p.s. I test drove the F6B this past weekend at my Honda dealer. Oh my gosh, what a rocket. I was not prepared for the torque, braking power, and ability to fly like that. Actually, I lurched out into traffic on a few of my starts from a stop and was more jerky than I've ever been on my VTX. It was disconcerting, but I started to feel the clutch friction zone and calmed down a bit. But it is a touchy "let me zoom" jaguar of a bike. Does it loosen up on the torque and brakes after a bit of riding?

Congratulations on your new black deluxe and welcome . There is a USB connection in the left saddlebag that will work with some ipods and flashdrives. I'm using an ipod Nano, for example. You'll have to check the list in the manual to see the specific devices that are compatible. Once that device is connected, you can control it from the bike's audio controls and connect your helmet speakers to the provided pigtail. As far as SRS, it's simply audio-enhancement technology that was developed by SRS Labs.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Congrats on the new, black, fastest color, bike.

I can't seem to find any accessories that discuss SRS headphones for motorcycle helmets. I'm aware of the USB connector, just puzzled by the 'last mile' from intercom plug to helmet and what products are popular.

Don't know much about the sound systems as they are not important to me...I too had the same issues at first with the quick throttle response and how fast this thing accelerates ..Coming off a Victory Vision Tour with a big V-twin motor it was a little "nerve wracking" at first, but after a few hundred miles I think I have it down...A great bike, you will really love the smoothness and power curve on the old "pancake flat six"....Enjoy and be safe...

Congrats and welcome from Ohio.

Welcome! Similar background with the iPod..... the jacket pocket earbud thing on my 04 Concours was a PITA so I am looking forward to the upgrade (when I get to pick her up). Good question and I am looking forward to the feedback. The forum is a great source of info and people happy to share

Congrats on the new ride.

Bike is a little cold natured but once warmed it's fine. After you had it a while it all becomes second nature.
    This bike knows how to hustle down the road, twisty or straight !!
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

Quote Originally Posted by projectapollo View Post
    I can't seem to find any accessories that discuss SRS headphones for motorcycle helmets. I'm aware of the USB connector, just puzzled by the 'last mile' from intercom plug to helmet and what products are popular.
    I could be mistaken but I don't believe you will find that in any of the helmet speakers. There are headphones, like certain Seinheiser models for example, that feature SRS but it's for more of a surround-sound experience. As I understand it, SRS headphones give the sound more of a reverb effect which may or may not be desirable. My personal preference for the bike application is to go with a reputable high-quality set of helmet speakers. I'm using J&M right now and it's fine for me.
    Ken (Hornblower)

After a little more research, and considering I don't really need a mic to intercom with a passenger, looms like a cheap adapter to go from 5-pin intercom plug to mini plug is a cheap good solution for now. My in ears are actually very nice sennheisers.

Has anyone hooked up the passenger intercom plug? Is that an optional accessory?