My f6b puzzle. Help - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My f6b puzzle. Help

I thought Ixol told me his was a '13 during the Rally.
    Guess not.
    Those evenings under the tent at the last few rallies are starting to get hazy......

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I thought Ixol told me his was a '13 during the Rally.
    Guess not.
    Those evenings under the tent at the last few rallies are starting to get hazy......
    It's possible that Ixol purchased his yellow F6B in late 2013 (Oct, Nov or Dec) when the 2014's were introduced to the market. just a guess.
    That high octane mountain water that I consumed under the tent had a tendency to impact my memory at times

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

As far as I know all 2013 F6B and GL1800 use the same front fenders. You could buy in 2013 a GL1800 in a Light Silver Metallic, Gray Metallic, Ultra Blue Metallic, Candy Red and the F6B in Black and last but not lest Red.
    Then since all F6B and GL1800 2013 till 2017 run the same front fender there are many more colors to chose from like White, Yellow, matte colors, shinny colors and so on. I'd find the matching color fender.... to heck with the year and put it on. Now if it is an off color from a custom paint job then a repaint may be in order.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    It's possible that Ixol purchased his yellow F6B in late 2013 (Oct, Nov or Dec) when the 2014's were introduced to the market. just a guess.
    That high octane mountain water that I consumed under the tent had a tendency to impact my memory at times
    More than likely the case.....Smokey Mountain fog wasn't limited to the mountain tops.

Quote Originally Posted by druggr View Post
    Under the fuel tank door is the paint code that your bike came with. Possibly that might help.
    I'd still check under the fuel door. Maybe it was not painted, but instead all the plastic was changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggerfiend View Post
    Newbie here. Just bought 2013 f6b with 9200mi. The fender was cracked so went to honda to order part. The bike is matte white and black. Dealer says it came in red and an all black fot that year. Registration says white ? Confused? Anyone have an answer?
    2016 is. Called Matte Pearl White. Honda didn't have that color in 2013. The red should still fit. Just have it painted and enjoy the bike! Because it's an awesome ride!!!

Yes, I am riding a 2014 model. Yellow or black was the choice for that year. Bought it in May of ‘14.

As mentioned previously by BIGLRY, the part is probably identical for each year except for the color. I’d purchase a white fender for the 2016 (?) and bolt that puppy on. If the color matches then your golden. If not, then a repaint is in order and you haven’t lost anything.

Ride safe.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Baggerfiend View Post
    Newbie here. Just bought 2013 f6b with 9200mi. The fender was cracked so went to honda to order part. The bike is matte white and black. Dealer says it came in red and an all black fot that year. Registration says white ? Confused? Anyone have an answer?
    2016 is. Called Matte Pearl White. Honda didn't have that color in 2013. The red should still fit. Just have it painted and enjoy the bike! Because it's an awesome ride!!!

When I bought my new 13 my options were red or black. I didn't like the red so I "settled" for black. I've had 1 black car and 1 black 97 Magna. I vowed I'd never have a black vehical again. Bought it the first week of Oct 13. Few weeks later the 14s were released. YELLOW and black. I was bummed. Loved that YELLOW. Fast forward 2 1/2 years and a totaled black 13. Yup, a 14 YELLOW found Its new home.

Thank for the replies. I ordered 2016 matte pearl white and hope it matches. I plan to repaint after it's paid for anyway.