Cobra 6 Pipes

Thread: Cobra 6 Pipes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cobra 6 Pipes

Installed the Cobra 6 Pipes. Much louder but cool sounding, like a 60's muscle car. If you like quite these pipes aren't for you, but they won't split your ear drums either. Hard to describe but I did have a guy say he thought it was Muscle Car sound when I pulled up to the gas station. Then picked my brain about the F6B...

I think they really enhance the aggressive look of the bike. The other standard GW pipes are too short for the F6B bags, and stop under the bag causing heat and drone sound.

Cobra made these the proper length to clear our longer bags, and curved to follow the curve of the bike and bags.

I took the baffles out and they sound just right. Like a Porsche or a muscle car. Loud at cruise but not thumpy like a VTwin. Smooth and tough sounding.

Cobra did a great job, and the price has come down a couple hundred.

Bill
    Phoenix, AZ

I bought a used Deluxe with these installed. I prefer the quieter stock pipe. If anyone wants a two month old Cobra set of these, shoot me a PM. I can make you a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by projectapollo View Post
    I bought a used Deluxe with these installed. I prefer the quieter stock pipe. If anyone wants a two month old Cobra set of these, shoot me a PM. I can make you a good deal.
    Sale pending!

Thanks for your write up billphoenix! I've been on the fence for almost a year now. Time to test them out for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Thanks for your write up billphoenix! I've been on the fence for almost a year now. Time to test them out for myself.
    Review after riding for a couple days with these Cobra 6 pipes:

Speeds up to about 70 is a lower muscle car type tone, but from 70+ it does go to a higher pitch. Kind of Sport Bike sounding but not as high a whining tone.
    Baffles in they are quieter but still loud.

The sound is definitely behind the bike and not up through the bags to rattle you.

I have had Cobra pipes with "Quite Core Baffles" before and I did like the slightly more muffled sound. But would need 6 of them now and it would be too expensive.

No heat noticed from these pipes. I like the louder, motorcycle type sound instead of the quite GW no sound.

My trips are usually half a day rides. Probably would be a little too much on a cross country ride - but if I wanted to do that I would have bought a Touring Gold Wing.

Still great looking pipes, and feels and sounds like I am on a big powerful motorcycle.

Glad I made the change. to Cobra!

The Cobra's are sweet !!!! There are a couple of members here selling them in the for sale section !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com