OMG

Thread: OMG

OMG

Well I am nearly speachless Maiden voyage today 200 miles mid 50 degrees roads cruddy But The BIG GRIN is such an understatement! Balance torque smoothness and those creature comforts wow I can't wait till accessories arrive for next voyage out,
    windshield is good up to 45mph then forget it. HONDA should put a warning on this bike Way too much fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just did 430 miles or so, mostly interstates, and finished feeling great. At one scary point, I was so comfortable going up I-5 at 80 mph that I struggled to stay awake. That was a post-big lunch food coma, bad idea to eat big meals on a long ride.

What an awesome bike. Really appreciated the value of add-ons like a higher windscreen, Hand Wings, and heated grips.

Oh, and hot tip: I listened to an Audible production of Gettysburg by Newt Gigngrich and William Forstchen (an alternate Civil War history) and though music can be muddy through the speakers at highway speed, audio books are highly listenable. I just created an audiobooks playlist and it plays right off of my iPad Mini. Win!

It is an awesome bike (not counting paint issues) and I just turned 2,000 miles during my first five months of owning (of course parked most of time due to severe Winter) and am in process of doing a recap thread to be posted soon!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post
    Well I am nearly speachless Maiden voyage today 200 miles mid 50 degrees roads cruddy But The BIG GRIN is such an understatement! Balance torque smoothness and those creature comforts wow I can't wait till accessories arrive for next voyage out,
    windshield is good up to 45mph then forget it. HONDA should put a warning on this bike Way too much fun!
    It gets better! There's plenty of "Miles of Smiles" on the way! As you equip your new ride with "necessary accessories" the bike grows in comfort. Attached is a Thread I penned after three months of owner-ship and numerous rides/treks to "Hawks Nest" on the Delaware River Corridor.

Safe Riding

Bob

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...s-Into-The-F6B

Beautiful Day

82 degrees here in North Texas today. Truly enjoyed the ride. Really appreciated the Madstad Shield when wind gusts hit 40mph on the way home. Man this bike handles the wind well.

Hope all you fellas at Bike Week are having fun!!!

Hi guys and girls I just figured I'd post a comment I have been working crazy hours for 3 months thirteen hour nights and have put 5000+miles commuting and with the accessories I installed I don't think I could get a better bike lowest mpg 40 highest 51 averaging 43 I wish I had extra money to buy a spare f6b for when I wear this one out. Ha ha. Love it cannot wait to be done with this job to get some riding in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Audiobooks on a bike?

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    I just did 430 miles or so, mostly interstates, and finished feeling great. At one scary point, I was so comfortable going up I-5 at 80 mph that I struggled to stay awake. That was a post-big lunch food coma, bad idea to eat big meals on a long ride.

What an awesome bike. Really appreciated the value of add-ons like a higher windscreen, Hand Wings, and heated grips.

Oh, and hot tip: I listened to an Audible production of Gettysburg by Newt Gigngrich and William Forstchen (an alternate Civil War history) and though music can be muddy through the speakers at highway speed, audio books are highly listenable. I just created an audiobooks playlist and it plays right off of my iPad Mini. Win!
    What a great idea. I never thought about it before but riding the F6b is all about fun and relaxation so why not sneak in a few good books en route? My question may sound stupid, but how do you source the books? I've previously only purchased them on cd's or borrowed them from the library. How to transfer them to the iPad? Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    What a great idea. I never thought about it before but riding the F6b is all about fun and relaxation so why not sneak in a few good books en route? My question may sound stupid, but how do you source the books? I've previously only purchased them on cd's or borrowed them from the library. How to transfer them to the iPad? Thanks for the tip!
    Audible.com is the hot ticket. Been a member since 2001. Once you authorize your device, the books can be synced from iTunes and played the same as any album--by artist (author), title or playlist.

yes OMG pretty much sums it up.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt