Follow Up to X Country

Thread: Follow Up to X Country

Follow Up to X Country

Flew out to Vancouver from Sudbury on June 18th....wife met me there on the 21st....I had run up about 500km on the bike to get used to it.....thought I might need a couple days to get the smile off my face....I was correct.

Left Vancouver on the 22nd, took three days across the Rockies, stopped in Calgary, Alberta with some friends and family for an afternoon and night. Two days across the prairies to Winnipeg...took advantage of the higher speed limits there and made some distance. Then three days down into Ontario and across the top of Lakes Superior and Huron to Sudbury. Did a little site seeing along the way...quite enjoyable and the weather gods smiled on us all the way through and promptly turned angry and flooded the prairies right behind us....thoughts to all those people.

Trip was 4400 km...have 4900 km on the bike....that translates into 2800/3100 miles...great little break in run. Comfortable. Fast. Good Brakes. Will complete the run to the East Coast later in the summer or fall....as soon as I get some of this pesky work stuff out of the way.Attachment 6569Attachment 6570Attachment 6571Attachment 6572

A few pics of the bike, looking out over the Lions Gate Bridge in Vancouver, at the Tantalus lookout on the sea to sky highway on the way to Whistler, a shot showing our tour pack on the Honda luggage rack and a shot at Rogers Pass.

Topsy Turvy

Sorry Folks....first time posting pics here....great process but it seems some pics have flipped...I will have to go read the how to section I guess.

Tinkerman