Computer re-set with aftermarket pipes/air filter

Thread: Computer re-set with aftermarket pipes/air filter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Thanks. No apologies necessary. I was just confused on what this actually did - new components of the ECM stock is logical.
    Interesting read all. I have a computer background, so the way i interpret what I'm reading is there is a procedure that, if it meets a criteria set by the manufacture, will set thresholds stored in rewritable memory for certain sensors used to make decisions. For example, low and high limits from an o2 sensor. These are used to 'calibrate' a cold engine from a hot one. These low high limits are then used for a look up on a 3d table created by mother honda that sets air / fuel mixture points based on the various sensors during subsequent use of the engine. Example, a new o2 sensor is installed.

Does this sound fairly accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    Interesting read all. I have a computer background, so the way i interpret what I'm reading is there is a procedure that, if it meets a criteria set by the manufacture, will set thresholds stored in rewritable memory for certain sensors used to make decisions. For example, low and high limits from an o2 sensor. These are used to 'calibrate' a cold engine from a hot one. These low high limits are then used for a look up on a 3d table created by mother honda that sets air / fuel mixture points based on the various sensors during subsequent use of the engine. Example, a new o2 sensor is installed.

Does this sound fairly accurate?
    Yes.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce