F6B went down, and in shorts.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F6B went down, and in shorts.

F6B went down, and in shorts.

The morning of the 20th, I rode to work on my normal route. I decided to ride in my work clothes consisting of a polo and shorts. I wore a shorty helmet also. On an off ramp from the highway there is a continuous right turn into flowing traffic on a down slope, and this morning a diesel spill got me, things got sideways and I corrected, then is went back down and pinned my left leg, sliding I hit dry pavement and was flung off landing on my left shoulder. So seeing a surgeon the 27th about a seperated shoulder grade 4, limping and suprised the bike is in decent shape. Crash bars are scraped on the right side, aero peg pin bent a bit, the right mirror folded up and broke the madstad base plate corner off, also the inside mirror fram is broken and is not listed as a seperate part to be ordered on the sites I have looked, a new whole right mirror might be the only way to get it. My friend was in traffic during this and rode her home as I rode in the ambulance. Also found out comprehensive coverage wont pay for my medical bills, health coverage at work doubled this year so I opted out. Still on the sunny side of dirt though.

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    The morning of the 20th, I rode to work on my normal route. I decided to ride in my work clothes consisting of a polo and shorts. I wore a shorty helmet also. On an off ramp from the highway there is a continuous right turn into flowing traffic on a down slope, and this morning a diesel spill got me, things got sideways and I corrected, then is went back down and pinned my left leg, sliding I hit dry pavement and was flung off landing on my left shoulder. So seeing a surgeon the 27th about a seperated shoulder grade 4, limping and suprised the bike is in decent shape. Crash bars are scraped on the right side, aero peg pin bent a bit, the right mirror folded up and broke the madstad base plate corner off, also the inside mirror fram is broken and is not listed as a seperate part to be ordered on the sites I have looked, a new whole right mirror might be the only way to get it. My friend was in traffic during this and rode her home as I rode in the ambulance. Also found out comprehensive coverage wont pay for my medical bills, health coverage at work doubled this year so I opted out. Still on the sunny side of dirt though.
    Wow sorry to hear about your situation.Sounds like you lucked out not taking all the skin off your leg,Amazing how these bikes will protect the main stuff when going down.Hope all goes well with your shoulder and you are back riding soon.

Sorry to hear of your incident. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Ouch!

Where in Cols?
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Diesel fuel on the road is slippier than snake chit. Always careful going into/out of gas stations myself.

Probably some truck had it fuel cap off and took that turnoff hard, sloshing diesel fuel out onto the roadway?

Hope you get all healed up without issues.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope your shoulder is not too bad and you recover quickly. We all take chances on short rides maybe this will remind us all to wear our gear more often. It is usually something out of our control that gets us in trouble.
    Steve

Parts

Geronimo, here's to a speedy recovery. Let me dig through my parts box and see if I have anything for your right mirror. It is around $156 to replace completely. As for the hard parts, if the crash bars aren't bent up you can hit them with a scotchbrite pad and send them to a powder coater. They will cost you about $200 to replace them both and around $20 to get them coated. You can do the same for the aero peg.

Sounds like a good day...can always be worse....Hope you heal well, the bike can be fixed !!!!!

The shorts looks like they saved your legs !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com