Quote Originally Posted by indiatango View Post
My dealer did a great job of taking my money. Granted, I feel that I got a great deal on the bike but that was pretty much where it ended. They spent more time trying to sell me their extended warranty than actually providing any true direction or insight on my new vehicle. I decided the best avenue to knowledge was the owners manual and this forum. And their service department? Abysmal at best. Pointed out spots in paint (not the typical scratches) at time of purchase last August and they have yet to resolve after two follow up visits. I guess there wasn't enough room in the price for any level of service. I made my initial purchase there but will only return out of absolute dire necessity. They are the self proclaimed "world largest" Honda dealer so I guess sales is their forte.
I bought mine there a couple of weeks ago and I asked about paint problems before hand. No one not even manager heard of such a thing but, I didn't have to worry because I was getting a new one out of the crate. At delivery, which was rushed because it was closing time, they had it wet but I saw scratches and swirls bad on one door. So they replaced a door and handed me a Honda paint bulletin. They lied all day long about paint. BUT the price WAS great! I did lose respect for the dealer with this deal.