So if you had $1000 in Honda bucks to spend, what are the essential add-ons?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So if you had $1000 in Honda bucks to spend, what are the essential add-ons?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So if you had $1000 in Honda bucks to spend, what are the essential add-ons?

Just looking for some ideas from those in the know.....

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Uh,,, shoot,,, Can you buy apparel? Helmets?

Stuff for the bike? Uh,,, Nothing I have came from Honda except our covers,,, Eh, probably wouldn't buy 'em again, so,,,

Honda Tall Windshield. It's the best.

I should have clarified...

I can order about anything from any manufacturer....wondered if there were some "must have" items. I plan on getting an Ultimate seat in a seperate transaction. I had Ultimates on both of my Valkyrie's and their comfort is second to none...

ABS brakes. They are described in the owners manual! Make them available in the US.

If it's free money: Centerstand, heated grips, fog lights, maybe the tall windscreen... thing is most of those you can find better and cheaper from other manufacturers. But if they're giving that to you as a sales incentive then why not make the best of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    Just looking for some ideas from those in the know.....
    Dave,
    Haven't seen you in a while. Have you still been going to the Valkyrie events?
    Did you sell your Valk or are you going to keep it?
    Look forward to seeing you again maybe at one of the F6B events. I purchased an F6B a while ago, but it was taken apart at the dealer and re-painted. Now all of the parts are in WV at MountainMan's for Air Brushing and Graphics.

When you figure out what you want give Teresa a call.
    Rick

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Maybe a Windshield. Maybe Honda LED 'fog' lights (Only if you REALLY want the Honda lights and then only because you can't really get 'em that much cheaper elsewhere.)

Tough part is 1000 'Honda bucks' spent at Honda on aftermarket stuff = $500 or less spent anywhere else,,

Example: Centerstand at OEM prices is just under 300 + installation while a new take-off on ebay is around 100 and an easy install at home.

If you have to spend $$ at Honda, you'll get slightly more 'bang for the buck' on a nice helmet, etc vs paying OEM/aftermarket part prices,,, plus OEM labor prices,,,

Does this cover aftermarket pipes?..There are some nice ones available if your interested..A better windshield is a must for most...Maybe a nice new helmet, or jacket...If the bike is a deluxe you are pretty well covered with the stock Honda stuff...Saddlebag liner are available and some chrome goodies, Kury grips, kickstand, etc....Nice to hear from you again.....

Most likely you have to buy "Honda" brand parts and accessories which points to one of Honda's short comings; very limited selection. Tall windshield, center stand, luggage rack, heated grips, fog lights and passenger backrest are about all I can think of that they offer. Most of those items are also available (and better/cheaper) in the aftermarket. Honda offers no highway pegs, belly pans, cup holders or seats, and I don't know if they even have helmets and jackets that are branded Honda (my dealer doesn't but some might). The Honda and Goldwing apparel I have seen is actually private labeled by aftermarket distributors.

I would use some of it to buy several oil changes worth of oil and filters.