Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
Good to hear from you and thanks for replying to the post. Yes, Have still been attending VRCC events and this will be the 12th year I have owned the Interstate. It has been a wonderful ride and I have made lifelong friends because of it. I guess I just wanted a change, and fuel injection, self cancelling turn signals and something a little lighter handling. I just could not get interested in the new Wings, the Valkyrie has so much soul and attitude and the Wings just seemed so vanilla and boring. I know they are fine machines but I wanted something a little more edgy and more attitude and I think the F6B will fit the bill nicely. My Interstate was dripping with chrome and I am over it. No chrome, black everything is going to be this theme. My dealer gave me an astounding deal with my Valkyrie on trade and I just couldn't pass it up. And yes, I will be contacting Teresa soon about some black parts and some additional lighting. Thanks again for saying Hi.
I can't part with our Valkyrie. Our youngest son and his wife are going to keep it for a couple of years. Use it for when they want to ride double. We will figure out what to do with it when they don't need it anymore and can afford something else.
Just like you have made so many good friends over all these years with the Valkyrie. Still riding with a lot of them up here.
You may want some of the Smoke Chrome on the new one. I can't imagine you can go cold turkey on chrome.