So if you had $1000 in Honda bucks to spend, what are the essential add-ons? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So if you had $1000 in Honda bucks to spend, what are the essential add-ons?

Quote Originally Posted by HHB View Post
    Honda had a promo going when I bought my F6B and here's what I got. I went a little over budget, but just couldn't narrow down my choices. I got heated grips, fog lights, the tall windscreen, the helmet headset, and a bike cover. I just bought the bike a few days ago and put the tall windscreen on it yesterday. I haven't ridden it yet with the new windscreen and I'm really hoping it makes a difference. Also, I got a like-new used centerstand off Ebay for a song and plan on installing it real soon. -- HHB
    Congrats on the new F6B. The tall Honda windscreen will make a huge difference over the shorty stock shield. Enjoy!

I did not have the option when I bought my bike, but my wife bought last month. We purchased 4 saddlebag liner bags, 4 saddlebag lid bags, foglights, cubby plug and rack mounting kit. Plans include areo pegs, aftermarket grips and centerstand, but those are better. And cheaper elsewhere.

The $1000. is for Genuine HONDA accy BUT !!!! does NOT include Labor unless you work that out during the price negotiations, or just install them yourself, because the $1000 comes from Honda and not the dealer.
    I bought a Standard model so I went for the passenger backrest and luggage rack, tall windshield and center stand.

I did pull the Tall Windshield off and install a Madstad.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    The $1000. is for Genuine HONDA accy BUT !!!! does NOT include Labor unless you work that out during the price negotiations, or just install them yourself, because the $1000 comes from Honda and not the dealer.
    I bought a Standard model so I went for the passenger backrest and luggage rack, tall windshield and center stand.

I did pull the Tall Windshield off and install a Madstad.
    I think it just depends how the deal is negotiated. Just make sure you and your dealer are on the same page. It's true the "official" deal is $1,000 of genuine Honda parts uninstalled. But my dealer agreed to install and even let me choose Rivco Aeros as part of my package. Then, he "threw in" a center stand he'd taken off a full wing that had been converted to a trike. Basically, it's all just wheeling and dealing. Makes your head spin sometimes.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

Getting a '13 might be a way to negotiate free labor with the goodies or maybe a '14 when it's snowing in January. My dealer wanted to beat the competiton so he did that and gave me the extended warranty at cost. No argument there.
    ss^,
    Ken