Cowl light switch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowl light switch

Cowl light switch

I installed the 960 lights from BikeMP3 and have the green switch from EC but I am unsure where to tie the switch into the lights under the radio panel and how to mount the switch to the panel? I pulled out the radio control unit and the glove box but could not see how to attach everything. Help needed!

I figured out that the back panel to the radio control unit just pops off. Got the switch installed but I still can not find where to plug it in at. I called BikeMP3 and they said that it is in a clear protector under the radio control panel but I can not find it. Does anyone else know where it might be located or have some helpful advice?

Yes, it's there. Try looking down below where the cover goes.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Look for a 'clear' (semi/foggy) flexible plastic 'bell-like' booty with the wiring harness running ~down~ in the top end.

Its basically open on the underside,,, Used as a 'water shield' to keep blowing water off the connections.

There is a much smaller one just underneath/forward of the LH cubby where the aux audio input is plugged in.

You're looking for a larger one semi-sorta behind the audio control panel and a bit 'forward'. Plug you're looking for is inside.

(Disclaimer: I've never been in on my audio panel. Response based upon prior reading)

Did you find it????
    Ride it like you stole it

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    Did you find it????
    No, all of the clear boots have wires already connected. I found the one for the power/audio aux connection but have not found the one for the cowl lights. The lights plugged into the connectors, they were where they were supposed to be but I have not found the switch connection. I think the dealer hide it from me just to screw with me .

The clear boot is the one in the pictures.Left side bottom.Hope this helps.I had to yank the boot up pretty hard to find the empty plug wire
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is the wire for the lights in the boot with another wire that is connected to something else?

In the clear boot by the radiator I think there is 2 empty plugs in that boot.Thats where you will find the plug for your 960 lights

It's a 4 prong connector....white I believe.....shouldn't be anything plugged into it either....if there is you might have to trace it out to see where it goes.........I just installed my switch.......