HeliBars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HeliBars

HeliBars

Comfort comes at a price and a great example of that is this product from WingStuff.com:

http://wingstuff.com/products/35632-...ccessories-f6b

This is a truly beautiful product that provides every possible adjustment to get the steering geometry just right. Yes, it's quite expensive but you'll understand why once you see the kit. We all recognize that the overall fit and finish of the F6B is excellent but the quality and precision of the HeliBar kit is another level. All kidding aside, if the F6B was manufactured to this level, we'd be paying $50K for our bikes and not < $20K. I just finished installing this kit. The fit is perfect and I have rarely seen better instructions (with photos). Here's what the kit looks like installed on my F6B:

Attachment 4907
    Ken (Hornblower)

Man that is some serious coin but it is NICE!
    Always heard only good things from riders who have em.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaMike View Post
    Man that is some serious coin but it is NICE!
    Always heard only good things from riders who have em.
    Yep, very nice but pricey Another thing I forgot to mention is how handling is affected by the HeliBars. Many of us have added fork braces to firm up the front end but I was pleasantly surprised at how much more rigidity is added with the HeliBars crossbar. The steering is very precise now. Me likey For the guy that loves "tweaking", this is a must have

BTW, my VIP membership at WingStuff really helped out on a purchase of this amount. The discount was greatly appreciated.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Excelent bars and well worth the high end price. If they have improved the ride on an already great motorcycle then they are worth every cent.

Woody.

How long did it take to install Hornblower? anything to watch out for during the install?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Comfort comes at a price and a great example of that is this product from WingStuff.com:

http://wingstuff.com/products/35632-...ccessories-f6b

This is a truly beautiful product that provides every possible adjustment to get the steering geometry just right. Yes, it's quite expensive but you'll understand why once you see the kit. We all recognize that the overall fit and finish of the F6B is excellent but the quality and precision of the HeliBar kit is another level. All kidding aside, if the F6B was manufactured to this level, we'd be paying $50K for our bikes and not < $20K. I just finished installing this kit. The fit is perfect and I have rarely seen better instructions (with photos). Here's what the kit looks like installed on my F6B:

Attachment 4907
    You done good as we say in Dixie.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbasan View Post
    How long did it take to install Hornblower? anything to watch out for during the install?
    Roughly, I would say around 2 hours or so depending on how fast you work. You'll need to pop off the speaker grill piece and disconnect the tweeters and the multipin plug. I also removed the 4 bolts holding the dash for even better access but didn't disconnect any of the dash plugs. I simply held the dash up and out of the way with a bungee. Of course, the supplied hydraulic extension fittings and bleeder valves take some time to fit and bleed but it's no problem. Since I have heated grips, it did take a little more time to remove the left grip but a special tool is included in the kit that makes this easier without damaging the heat element. If I had a regular non-heated grip, I would have floated the grip off with compressed air in about 5 seconds.

As I mentioned, the instructions are excellent and the install is very straightforward. Due to the multiple angles of adjustment available, one could spend a fair amount of time "dialing these in" but that's a good thing IMHO. It sure is nice to be able to adjust up, down, forward, backward, width, and wrist angle. You could even adjust one side different from the other but I'm not sure why one would want to do that.
    Ken (Hornblower)

I have these and will be doing the install in the next week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I have these and will be doing the install in the next week or two.
    Do you have heated grips too? That added about 15-20 minutes to the install for me. They are easily damaged and extra care must be taken in transferring the grip to the new bar. If you would, please post your comments after you've done the install.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Do you have heated grips too? That added about 15-20 minutes to the install for me. They are easily damaged and extra care must be taken in transferring the grip to the new bar. If you would, please post your comments after you've done the install.
    No, I got the standard model and will do with the posting.