I guess I've just been kidding myself - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I guess I've just been kidding myself

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    No problem with 12 hours saddle time on the stock seat for me. It ain't pretty but I find it very comfortable.

Beagle
    Yeah me too. Far more comfortable than the Corbin saddles on my VFR and Multi.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyDaFinn View Post
    I went with the Ultimate, it's awesome.
    Have Midrider. It is same height as stock seat and a little closer to handlebars.
    Only have maybe a 1000mi on it but it has been great. I wanted a removable rider backrest.

FYI Mustang Seat is a little lower than stock, if that's a consideration to you.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

I agree the stock seat is "OK" but doesn't cut it on the long haul so it was RDL for me. 4th one I've had and they never let me down. Ultimate sounds very good but I stick with what works. The fact that the seat is custom built to your specs and can help correct ergonomics is key IMO. One or two seats fits all just can't compete. Mustang is the best looking, Ultimate is pretty plain and RDL has that functional beauty thing going on!

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    The stock seat is average at best and I found myself shifting around a lot after a couple of hours riding. I have the Ultimate King seat which so far I really like a lot. I only have a couple hundred miles on it and that's a few different rides so I can't comment on the all day comfort of it yet. It does sit you up a little higher which is putting a little more wind in my hair but not a deal breaker. I do love the look of the Mustang seat over the look of the Ultimate but I can't sit an inch lower to the ground, my legs are already bent enough as it is. Good luck with your choice, it sounds like any of them will be an improvement over the stock saddle.

When I make the Change I have decided Ultimate is the way to go.

Maybe they will offer up a King seat for the Rally this year.

I had an Ultimate on my Valkyrie and liked it a lot. Now have a Rick Mayer on the F6B and like it even better. Looks great too. The Utopia backrest works on it and I had that installed when the seat was built. Had the Utopia and the OEM passenger backrest covered to match the seat. The Rick Mayer raised me up a smidgen but not as much as the RDL would have. That was a factor in my decision between the RM and the RDL. Appearance was another factor in favor of the Rick Mayer. Both are great seats.

I am in the same boat, thought the stock was going to be OK, but just finished a 1300+ mile weekend trip to Laughlin, NV and I am with the OP, the stock seat just doesn't cut it. I have made an appointment at Russel for a custom RDL seat in May.

I had my Corbin seat redone by RDL and I love it The second picture is the Corbin

Thanks for all the responses so far, keep em coming, I'm still undecided.

Hiflyer,
    I have the Mustang if you'd like to take mine for a spin. I was in Okla yesterday & have Gkids & family there in OKC.
    Buzz