Klock Werks Shield 2"s Taller
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klock Werks Shield 2"s Taller

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Klock Werks Shield 2"s Taller

Sunday was the day to see if I sell the Klock Werks or keep it. So I drilled two new holes in it. One on each side. Not enough meat to drill a center hole. So for the Center I pinched the Shield with a large fender washer. I put a rubber washer under each bolt and tightened it down. Came out very sturdy and raised to its max. When everything is together it measures 15 1/4"s from the top of the rubber seal to the top of the shield.. This leaves the two stock holes above the seal that I will plug with a similar cap that I put in the Screw holes in the rear rack....What a difference at 85 mph. Smooth air...Klock Werks should make this shield 2"s taller. But until they do I'll ride her like it is.Still looks good and functions good too.........I know you guys want photos. So perhaps one of you will donate a nice camera.(Nikon maybe) Let me know and I'll tell you where to send it. Until then you'll have to use your Imagination.............................Dickie

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you made it work better.

FYI, I upload 90% of my pictures from my phone.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Glad it does what you need! Be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Glad it does what you need! Be careful!
    Be careful. Wow you sound like my wife.....lol........been riding 48 years.Drag raced professionally For Yamaha and HD when I was a youngster. I think I've got a handle on it.........................Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    .Drag raced professionally For Yamaha and HD when I was a youngster. I think I've got a handle on it.........................Dickie
    LOL! Yes, it takes a special kinda person to do that. A risk taker, not necessarily one who believes in caution or 'life-preservation'! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    LOL! Yes, it takes a special kinda person to do that. A risk taker, not necessarily one who believes in caution or 'life-preservation'! LOL!
    I can't wait to meet you Scotrod..lol... You going to Franklin in August?. .I'll buy you a beverage...........Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you made it work better.

FYI, I upload 90% of my pictures from my phone.
    You kidding, I'm still using a flip Phone.LOL Dickie

Love you guys but I'm starving. Got to go get some lunch. I'll return to harass you guys some more tonight.......Dickie

LOL!!! Dickie, I only said that because I had visions of a 90 mph K-works guillotine, that's all!!

(Flip phone???!!!??! Holy Carp!!! Is it pulse or rotary???)

Thanks for sharing this Dickie. Was finally able to put 200 miles on the with the Klock Werks and wasn't too impressed. I'm 6' and while there was no chest buffering, I was catching the air flow on the forehead. Not too bad until I put my helmet on (head got coolish) and then the wind sound was just horrible. Glad to know I can drill a couple of holes before spending another $300 on a taller windshield. Again, many thanks for sharing.