New Bike
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Bike

New Bike

Who else has jumped from the Harley world to the F6B......and how many friends did you lose? LOL

I prefer to ride alone or with my wife on the back. My family and friends that ride Harleys tend to slow me down. Not that I am speed racer, but I do keep a higher pace and stop less. We will be friends regardless, I just don't do their bar hopping rides very often.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by cody13 View Post
    Who else has jumped from the Harley world to the F6B......and how many friends did you lose? LOL
    If one loses a friend because he rides a different bike than he, the friend is worth losing!!!..Most HD riders have their heads "stuck so far up their posterior" they would not know a good bike in the first place....Ride safe

I haven't owned an HD ever, and I laugh at each one that rides past me, even the ones that don't wave back....they're such badazzes with their scowl, noses in the air, snide remarks, etc....
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Most of them are to cool to wave back so I have started flipping them the half peace sign.

Quote Originally Posted by cody13 View Post
    I did lose a few Harley "buddies", but that was mostly somewhere between second & third gear......

Seriously, I've got one of each....my true friends are still my true friends.
    If someone is only friends with you because of what you ride to me that means that you are only there to reinforce their neglected self worth by virtue of owning a similar toy.
    #notinthirdgradeanymore

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by speeddrive1 View Post
    Most of them are to cool to wave back so I have started flipping them the half peace sign.
    I wave at all of them. Regardless. If they are "too cool" then let 'em go hypothermic!

And, not for nothing, Florida, and many other states, are ticketing "half-peace signs" under "inciting road rage."
    $500 fine in Florida.

Ride safe,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I wave at all of them. Regardless. If they are "too cool" then let 'em go hypothermic!

And, not for nothing, Florida, and many other states, are ticketing "half-peace signs" under "inciting road rage."
    $500 fine in Florida.

Ride safe,
    Steve
    But that's free speech!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I ended up leaving my sportbike friends. We were riding at quite high speeds down back roads and I was really growing uncomfortable with it. I now really only ride with my wife and moved from the B to a full wing and love it! We did one group ride and the guy to my right front was so sketchy and constantly changing speed, so we won't be doing another. My wife was going nuts. Can't say it was fun for me either. We love doing weekend rides up in the NC mountains. Can't wait for cooler weather!
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

new bike

Thanks for the input! Great! I did make the dive and will be picking up my new F6B in the morning. I started on a Honda at the ripe old age of 6, I'm now 59. Let's call it " back to my roots". I have always loved Honda but have been on HD for better than 13 years. I have always been the one that thought everyone's bike was cool. If it's a motorcycle, I'm good with it. I don't care who rides what but that's not the way a lot of people seem to see it. I am like a kid on Christmas Eve, can't wait for tomorrow when I pick her up. It really feels great to be back in the Honda family! Thanks again!