Go Cruise Adjustable Throttle Lock - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Go Cruise Adjustable Throttle Lock

Go Cruise

Ordered the black one today. Can't wait to put this thing on my bike.

go cruise

I've been looking for one for my f6b and because of you guys reviews
    I bought the aluminum go cruise!

Go Cruise results

Tested the Go Cruise Aluminum on my F6B w/ heated grips. It did not work to my satisfaction. Once set the speed would slowly bleed off. To stop this you would have to over tighten the thumb wheel to the point of not being able to set or change the position of the device. I have sent an email for a refund. I have not heard back yet. I have ordered the Throttlemeister.

Hope that works.
    I will sell my Go Cruise to a forum member at a discount if I can't return this item.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by MNF6B View Post
    Tested the Go Cruise Aluminum on my F6B w/ heated grips. It did not work to my satisfaction. Once set the speed would slowly bleed off. To stop this you would have to over tighten the thumb wheel to the point of not being able to set or change the position of the device. I have sent an email for a refund. I have not heard back yet. I have ordered the Throttlemeister.

Hope that works.
    I will sell my Go Cruise to a forum member at a discount if I can't return this item.

Rich
    Hmmmm, I'm surprised you are having trouble with it. Mine seem to have a large adjustment area between too loose and too tight. You would think there would be a sweet spot in there some where with almost an infinite number of adjustments between the two. Did you use the rubber band?
    According to TCs picture I have mine installed upside down and it still works great.

Tried several ways

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Hmmmm, I'm surprised you are having trouble with it. Mine seem to have a large adjustment area between too loose and too tight. You would think there would be a sweet spot in there some where with almost an infinite number of adjustments between the two. Did you use the rubber band?
    According to TCs picture I have mine installed upside down and it still works great.
    I tried both "O" rings and no "O" rings and had the same result. When I got to the point of trying to fine tune it at speed, I said that was it. I will let you know my Throttlemeister results as I get them.

Rich

Fine Tuning Your Go Cruise

It's all in the adjustment!

Best place to start is with the bike shutdown and on the side stand. Make sure you have installed the silicon band and clean it of any hand oils. A small alcohol wipe works great. Do the same for the contact points on the aluminum frame.

Set the initial tension so the GC is snug and takes a bit of effort to turn with you finger. Twist you throttle and set the GC and observe if the throttle wants to return to the idle position. Repeat the procedure fine tuning the thumb wheel until all return movement is stopped.

I did this procedure several times while the bike was parked. Had the bike out on the inter state and it worked like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    WOW!!! That sounds like something Dr. Miles would say.......sorry, I could not stop myself miles......
    Steve, that is cool. Before I read your quip, I read the post from Bob..."It's my "Hexogonalstelonoidcamsnapper", and I thought...that is a very cool word, and I need to ask Bob if I can use it sometime. Then I read Steve's post, and hey...I haven't been called Dr. for a long time. Spent 26 years with NRC being called Dr., and I am happy that I am retired. I think Bob has one over on me when he can make words like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Steve, that is cool. Before I read your quip, I read the post from Bob..."It's my "Hexogonalstelonoidcamsnapper", and I thought...that is a very cool word, and I need to ask Bob if I can use it sometime. Then I read Steve's post, and hey...I haven't been called Dr. for a long time. Spent 26 years with NRC being called Dr., and I am happy that I am retired. I think Bob has one over on me when he can make words like that.
    Doc:

I shortened that word up! It's actually "Hexogonalinvertedstelonoidcamsnapper" You can find them near the "Elbow Grease at Home Depot or Lowe's And, yes you can use it any way you see fit or unfit

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Doc:

I shortened that word up! It's actually "Hexogonalinvertedstelonoidcamsnapper" You can find them near the "Elbow Grease at Home Depot or Lowe's And, yes you can use it any way you see fit or unfit

Bob
    Thanks Bob, I thought there was something...inverted...about that

I guess I have to go with a Throttlemeister since Go Cruise will not ship to Canada!!!!!