Throttle Lock Opinions - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Throttle Lock Opinions

I agree with Miles,

Throttle locks are a slight help but not really a good solution especially here in the mountains.

I miss cruise on this thing more than I thought I would. Pete said he has the cruise done, now working on the controls so hopefully soon we will have a real solution for these things that Honda should have put on from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Well, I thought I add my two cents. I installed and used throttlemeister and it is awesome. I think it looks the best of all throttle locks out there, it is easy to use and works as advertised. I never used it before but I really like it. I don't miss Goldwing cruise anymore, actually I think this one is my favorite. Goldwing cruise had a lag to it that annoyed me, so it wasn't very fast to setup or change speed. By contrast, my BMW K1200LT cruise reacted instantly and was much better. Throttlemeister locks the throttle but I can still very easily modulate the throttle. I bought the polished look as you can see in pictures. The other day I followed a friend on somewhat twisty country back roads and I was able to use throttlemeister very succesfully during the ride. It is easy to disengage, too. It looks like it came with the bike.

Buy what works for you, we all have different tastes and budgets. Things that matter to me may be different for you. Ride safe!
    Where did you find the F6B badge you have on the front of your bike?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTER REE View Post
    Where did you find the F6B badge you have on the front of your bike?
    I bought it from www.chromecarletters.com, these are 1" gun black mercedes benz style letters. They come with double sided tape on back and are direct replacement for OEM car letters. I want to get rid of both 'Honda' emblems front and back and have 'F6B' instead. I have just ordered chromed letters .75" from them as well to replace smaller 'Honda' logo in the back. I will post a picture when it arrives and is mounted.

It looks like the bike came that way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

TM cruise

Well, I thought I add my two cents. I installed and used throttlemeister and it is awesome. I think it looks the best of all throttle locks out there, it is easy to use and works as advertised. I never used it before but I really like it. I don't miss Goldwing cruise anymore, actually I think this one is my favorite. Goldwing cruise had a lag to it that annoyed me, so it wasn't very fast to setup or change speed. By contrast, my BMW K1200LT cruise reacted instantly and was much better. Throttlemeister locks the throttle but I can still very easily modulate the throttle. I bought the polished look as you can see in pictures. The other day I followed a friend on somewhat twisty country back roads and I was able to use throttlemeister very succesfully during the ride. It is easy to disengage, too. It looks like it came with the bike.

Buy what works for you, we all have different tastes and budgets. Things that matter to me may be different for you. Ride safe!
    I tried the Go Cruise solution and it did not work for me. I just installed the Throttlemeister and so far so good.
    I have the same Baggershield windshield as you do. You sir, have good taste!

I bought it from www.chromecarletters.com, these are 1" gun black mercedes benz style letters. They come with double sided tape on back and are direct replacement for OEM car letters. I want to get rid of both 'Honda' emblems front and back and have 'F6B' instead. I have just ordered chromed letters .75" from them as well to replace smaller 'Honda' logo in the back. I will post a picture when it arrives and is mounted.

It looks like the bike came that way.
    Thanks for the info.

How hard is it to install the Throttlemeister?

Quote Originally Posted by MNF6B View Post
    I tried the Go Cruise solution and it did not work for me. I just installed the Throttlemeister and so far so good.
    I have the same Baggershield windshield as you do. You sir, have good taste!

I tried a Kaoko Cruise Control *throttlelock*. It required removing the throttle bar end weight which is way too much work for one person. I use a Go Cruise. If the Throttlemeister is easy to install, I'll have to order one. I appreciate your input.

Go Cruise

OK....so the F6B has a 1 inch handle bar...or...7/8's handle bar....???

Bar Size

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert40 View Post
    OK....so the F6B has a 1 inch handle bar...or...7/8's handle bar....???
    The F6B has 7/8" bars! If you order the adjustable aluminum Go Cruise it's one size fits all. If you get the plastic version you get the 7/8" size.

adjustable aluminum Go Cruise it's one size fits all
    I've had both and the aluminum one is absoutely worth the extra $.

The research I did told me we had 1 inch bars so I bought the 1 inch Go Cruise. It works but the 7/8 inch one might fit better. Why does bar size matter anyway when grip size is the main concern? I have those foam grip things so the 1 inch works ok.

Where did you find the adjustable one?