Best replacement windshield?
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Best replacement windshield?

Best replacement windshield?

Hi again guys,
    As you know, I take delivery of my 2013 F6B this Friday. I see that the previous owner put a replacement shield on it but I don't like the looks of it from what I can see. I noticed the National Cycle shields and the VStream Touring replacement screen looks like something I might like a lot.
    Attachment 24896
    What's the concensus on this shield? Is it worth the price? How well does it block the wind? I like the fact that it looks stock and uses the stock hardware. You can kinda see the one my bike has on it from this picture. Can anyone identify it?
    F6B Highway pegs.jpg
    Thanks once again. I won't be riding much for the next few months so I'm already planning on my accessories.

That looks like a Windbender. It works well for me but a lot of people don't like its looks.

Quote Originally Posted by bertrider View Post
    That looks like a Windbender. It works well for me but a lot of people don't like its looks.
    Yeah, I'm one of them! It looks like a retro shield you would put on a retro cruiser, ask me how I know! (I founded cruisercustomizing.com) and doesn't look right on a Wing IMHO.

OK, so who has the National Cycle shield installed?

Cool

I need a vent...http://www.clearviewshields.com/moto...b-windshields/.... has the nicest optics IMO... The MadStad seems to block the most wind.

The ...http://www.getklocked.com/shop/flaretm-for-honda-f6b... is the best looking (also with a vent)

I went thru 6-or so on my B.... Each one did something nicer than the other.......

The only one who can answer this is YOU...

My suggestion would be to:

1. Look at seats first

2. Adjust handlebars second

3. Windshield third
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I need a vent...http://www.clearviewshields.com/moto...b-windshields/.... has the nicest optics IMO... The MadStad seems to block the most wind.

The ...http://www.getklocked.com/shop/flaretm-for-honda-f6b... is the best looking (also with a vent)

I went thru 6-or so on my B.... Each one did something nicer than the other.......

The only one who can answer this is YOU...

My suggestion would be to:

1. Look at seats first

2. Adjust handlebars second

3. Windshield third
    OK Steve, since you mentioned it, what's the best seat? And what's wrong with the stock "sofa"? The previous owner installed a drivers backrest. Not sure if I'm going to like that or not.
    Thanks dude.

F4 Customs Windshields

Don here at F4 Customs. Our shield is different in these ways:
    Sheds Rain like you have Rain X on it and you can use Rain X if you like
    Is highly scratch resistant even when rubbed with steel wool so you clean it with paper towels and any glass cleaner
    It is made from High Optics Polycarbonate so it is Optically perfect and won't break like some other materials shields are made from
    4 year warranty against any cracking, crazing or de-lamination.
    They come in 4 heights, clear or tint and with our without a vent.
    You can check them out on our web site at www.f4customs.com or give us a call at 330-968-4644
    Attached Images Attached Images

I seriously believe that the best one is a Bagger Shield

I like the look and I have had the 11 to 19 inch bagger shield on my bike since I bought it new in 2015 and its held up well and it is versatile being that you can have full coverage when at 19 inches or invert the top piece for the hot days taking it to 11 inches. and it looks good on the bike an is excellent at wind protection.
    Go to baggershield.com and check them out

The F4 is an amazing product - their display at bike shows with the steel wool NOT scratching their windshield is very impressive.
    And if you are like my namesake, Steve 0080, and MUST have a vent, these are optimal.

I went with Madstad because I thought the two piece in dark smoke just looked cool as sh$t and gave Isleen more of a badass look.
    And, it works well at throwing wind & rain over the pilot and not at the pilot.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I have no issues at all with the Baggershield 11-19" on my bike. Had it since new and see no reason to try others..No buffeting, hardly any wind noise, durable and looks great on the bike.....JMHO

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I have no issues at all with the Baggershield 11-19" on my bike. Had it since new and see no reason to try others..No buffeting, hardly any wind noise, durable and looks great on the bike.....JMHO
    Wow, it seems everyone has a different opinion on this one. I love the price of the baggershield adjustable, only $139!
    My concern with that shield is if dirt or grit gets between the 2 shields and you raise or lower the extension, don't you get scratches in one or both pieces? I'm also not too keen with the fact that one shield is tinted and the extension is clear. I'd prefer to have both pieces smoked, though I realize having the extension clear is because when it's raised you will be looking through the shield instead of over it.

I like the looks of the F4shield but the price, yikes! I like the scratch resistant properties and the fact I can clean it with paper towels and Windex if I want. I'm basically lazy when it comes to cleaning the bike and will take the easy route if given the opportunity. I had a Vulcan Nomad and scratching the OEM shield was a BIG problem! I suspect the baggershield will be made of the same easily scratched material as that shield and therefor my comments about scratching when raising & lowering the clear extension.

I live in Bend, Oregon where there are 4-5 months each year where riding is not safe (snow & ice on the roads) and we rarely hit over 100 in the summers, so I doubt I'd need a vent. I've been riding an M109R with no shield here for 10 years and don't miss not having one, but then again I got the F6B so I would have the ability to take road trips so.... (yeah, I'm rambling, this is how I work through things, I've been accused of over thinking things, LOL!)

I like the one that the first Steve mentioned, the Klock Werks Flare. The shorter one of those in dark tint may be my best choice, but I'd hate to spend $300 on something and not be able to try it out first. How scratch resistant is this shield? Does anyone know?

Attachment 24906

Also, the clear view shield, 14" or 16", dark smoke, sport, with recurve and no vent is only $155-$165, so the price is right. How scratch resistant is that one?

So many good choices, so much valuable advice. What's a guy to do?

Thanks guys for the advice. Keep it coming!