XM radio??
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: XM radio??

XM radio??

I am wanting to instale XM radio..But I want it to be plug and play with eather the usb port or mp3 plug.That way I can activate one radio and when not riding I can plug it in semi truck during the work week. Any suggestions. Thanks Bill

Shameless bump!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have the Stratus 7 XM radio in the left pocket.Works great hooked up to the aux plug there.Head unit can be removed and plugged into another base in your semi.I use mine in a port box in my shop when it is not on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    I have the Stratus 7 XM radio in the left pocket.Works great hooked up to the aux plug there.Head unit can be removed and plugged into another base in your semi.I use mine in a port box in my shop when it is not on the bike.
    Thanks that may be just what im looking for.

I have Sirius in my IPhone…I just plug into the phone and run it thru the bike...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

XM Radio Install

I have had xm on my last 4 bikes. I created a mount that bolts to the clutch resivour and ran power and aux. Conection from under the left storage pod. This way I can transfer the receiver from bike to truck and back.

hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert40 View Post
    I have had xm on my last 4 bikes. I created a mount that bolts to the clutch resivour and ran power and aux. Conection from under the left storage pod. This way I can transfer the receiver from bike to truck and back.

hope this helps.
    That's what I was going to suggest. I cancelled my Sirius/XM account until I can get a hard wired Sirius radio in my work truck. I couldn't listen to it in any city environment, too much static with the remote unit.

Plus, for those of you with the service, don't you feel screwed paying for radio when you have to listen to all those damn commercials? Frustrates the hell out of me. I can listen to commercials for free on AM/FM.

If you use the typical XM set up where are you guys putting the antenna?
    If you use the smartphone app I assume you are burning up the data plan the entire time you are using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    If you use the typical XM set up where are you guys putting the antenna?
    If you use the smartphone app I assume you are burning up the data plan the entire time you are using it?
    Try this for previous discussion:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?984-Added-XM-Radio

8 months in the pocket and still working fine. The only thing I listen to.