XM radio??

Thread: XM radio??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

XM Radio Install

I have had xm on my last 4 bikes. I created a mount that bolts to the clutch resivour and ran power and aux. Conection from under the left storage pod. This way I can transfer the receiver from bike to truck and back.

hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert40 View Post
    I have had xm on my last 4 bikes. I created a mount that bolts to the clutch resivour and ran power and aux. Conection from under the left storage pod. This way I can transfer the receiver from bike to truck and back.

hope this helps.
    That's what I was going to suggest. I cancelled my Sirius/XM account until I can get a hard wired Sirius radio in my work truck. I couldn't listen to it in any city environment, too much static with the remote unit.

Plus, for those of you with the service, don't you feel screwed paying for radio when you have to listen to all those damn commercials? Frustrates the hell out of me. I can listen to commercials for free on AM/FM.

If you use the typical XM set up where are you guys putting the antenna?
    If you use the smartphone app I assume you are burning up the data plan the entire time you are using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    If you use the smartphone app I assume you are burning up the data plan the entire time you are using it?
    Try this for previous discussion:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?984-Added-XM-Radio

8 months in the pocket and still working fine. The only thing I listen to.

Does anyone know if Pete at bike MP3 is selling the XM radio for the f6b. Any info appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by NCF6B View Post
    Does anyone know if Pete at bike MP3 is selling the XM radio for the f6b. Any info appreciated.
    We do have a prototype that works on the USB slot and uses the factory controls and display but its on the back burner until the new CB is released
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    8 months in the pocket and still working fine. The only thing I listen to.
    Great idea! Ordered the smaller audiovox unit this morning mentioned in the other thread for $30 off Amazon. Hoping that I can do 6 month subscriptions as the bike will sit 6 months a year here in the frozen north. Regarding all the wires and cables, did you simply bundle them up and push them under the radio?

Great idea! Ordered the smaller audiovox unit this morning mentioned in the other thread for $30 off Amazon. Hoping that I can do 6 month subscriptions as the bike will sit 6 months a year here in the frozen north. Regarding all the wires and cables, did you simply bundle them up and push them under the radio?
    Yes, just sitting under the unit. I used 3m double stick (Ace, Home Depot, etc.) to mount the unit and the antenna. Works well for me, and is secure. I usually listen to just a couple of stations, so opening up the lid to change to preset stations is not an issue for me. Plugged into the audio system, volume controlled thru the AUX.

I have run the antenna on top of the clutch reservoir with double stick tape on 3 different Wings.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.