XM radio?? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: XM radio??

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    I still use a CB (Thanks BikeMP3 for the kit you built) because all of my riding buddies use it (GWRRA members) and it's still an excellent bike to bike communication tool, because you can talk to more than one bike.......which I had heard is not possible with bluetooth technology, but I could be wrong.. I also have my F6B wired for Sat. radio (hard wired to my left handlebar for quick channel changes) and my GPS ZUMO 450 (hard wired to my right handlebar). In addition I have the USB port connected to a 8 GB thumb drive with my favorite songs.

I guess you could say "I'm Wired"!!!
    Do I like paying for XM radio, no. Do l like the music and variety yes. I have it in my Buick Enclave and renewed it twice. Now I want on my bike.

Anybody else comment on sound quality or receiver to sound quality running a Sirius radio on your F6?
    I've installed a few and this time, two years since the last, I'm noticing very poor sound quality??
    I installed a ground coil in the ground circuit yesterday, which seems to have eliminated any back ground noise, but sound quality is still not so good. Sounds like I'm pushing the music through a tin can, while my recorded music is concert quality.. Frustrating.
    Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Anybody else comment on sound quality or receiver to sound quality running a Sirius radio on your F6?
    I've installed a few and this time, two years since the last, I'm noticing very poor sound quality??
    I installed a ground coil in the ground circuit yesterday, which seems to have eliminated any back ground noise, but sound quality is still not so good. Sounds like I'm pushing the music through a tin can, while my recorded music is concert quality.. Frustrating.
    Jim
    I know that the route I went is probably not what everyone would want to do, but with the new head end electronics , I have zero unwanted noise. The stereo imaging is so much better and wider and spacious sounding than it was with the OEM electronics. As far as SiruiusXM, I have it through a tuner that plugs right into the module/hide away box. The sound quality is on par with MP3 and WAV files on the USB flash drive. There is a small difference in volumes between say the USB and the satellite radio. The satellite radio is a little lower in volume, but that's easily compensated with the volume control. I'm really pleased with it.

Before I replaced the front end OEM electronics, I had a slight ground loop hum that is common when installing aftermarket amplifiers and such. I'm sure I could probably have eliminated it with a noise filter or something, but it wasn't really that noticeable unless there was no music playing. It really didn't bug me enough to mess with it. However, after replacing the front end electronics, I now have no such hum and just good clean sound.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I missed any pics you posted of your new head unit, Jimmie.
    Do you mind posting and referencing again or pm?
    I'm a perfectionist and won't or maybe can't be satisfied with modifying the oem unit..
    Thanks
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Not sure why you find it necessary to keep expressing your opinion about how you don't care for satellite radio.

Once would have seemed to be more than sufficient.

Obviously some of us have differing opinions on the subject.

Pandora and I heart are great, as long as you have cell service and an unlimited data plan.

Oh, yeah that's right, you're paying for those services too by way of the cell contract. I know that I'm fortunate in that regards as the company I work for provides me with my smart phone and cell service /data plan. However, how many can say the same thing?

And if you want unlimited skipping ability and commercial free versions , you'll also have to be subscribed.
    CHa ching

Should I also point out that those services are dependent on a cell service and a proper phone signal with data?

Pandora and I heart are great, until they start buffering as you're going in and out of phone service.

I think I have maybe 200 gigabytes of music I can choose to put on my thumb drive. That music comes in many genres and styles. Yet as I listen to various channels on satellite , or Pandora, I hear music that I don't have or have not thought of. Plus, as some have pointed out, I live a pretty busy life. I am not retired. Taking the time to make a " play list" usually just consist of selecting shuffle all.
    Good points. I like XM to listen to Major League Baseball (XM has all the MLB games; Sirius carries all the NFL games). I also like the XM to listen to cable news and talk shows. I also have my iPod/FM for music if I want that, and of course XM has that as well, including traffic and weather reports for various major metro areas. I think the XM complements my other media sources to provide me with whatever I happen to want, when I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    I missed any pics you posted of your new head unit, Jimmie.
    Do you mind posting and referencing again or pm?
    I'm a perfectionist and won't or maybe can't be satisfied with modifying the oem unit..
    Thanks
    This is the controller.
    IMG_20150801_202723_968_zpsbv0g9ffm.jpgIMG_20150801_202814_667_zpsjbeelxrd.jpgIMG_20150801_203431_849_zpsn6yuzibv.jpg

This the hide away box that resides where the OEM "Audio Unit" used to be located.
    Attachment 15761

This is the unit I installed.
    http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-CMS2-M...s=clarion+cms2

This is the SiriusXM tuner cost me $30, it seems it has gone up to $44

I also installed this in the left side pocket. That is where I now plug my thumb drive into and of course the aux. 3.5 mm input.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...dp_o_pC_nS_ttl
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"