Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
, okay Bob, I am listening. Please keep me informed, either through the forum or a PM, to let me know anything and everything you can about your experiences with this tire on this F6B. I am more than willing to...learn.

As for TexasTC's idea of powder-coating the wheel, I have had that done on all 3 of my GL1800 Wings, and my local powder-coating company charges me 100 bucks per wheel. I am happy with that. With the powder-coating, you know it is a good hasrd surface, and the wheel cleans up easily.
Doc:

Thanks for the advice on the powder-coating. I have a local company, Sterling Products, who does powder-c and may go that route in the future.

I promise that I'll keep some very detailed records of my experience with the G-MAC CT. I have a Laser Thermometer that will be used for capturing tire temp after low/high speed riding. I'll perform that procedure on the current Bridgestone and have that info for future comparison. Along with the install mileage/date, the capturing of tread depth will be recorded every 1K miles. I initially plan on taking the bike to the nearest large parking lot for some repeated slow turn maneuvers. I like to get a feel for the tire before blazing out on the highways. Like a MT, assuring the "mold release agents" are scrubbed off will be another first on the list. Usually while the tire is in the static balancer I'll rotate the tire and hit it with some course emery cloth by hand.

Additional photos will be added to this post as time/things progress.

P.S. If and when you publish that book put me first on your list for a "Autographed Copy"