F6B To The Dark Side

Thread: F6B To The Dark Side

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just for gee-whiz I searched the net for motorcycle failures with car tires........................could not find a one, but I sure found lots of failures with motorcycle tires, I mean serious failures with fatal injuries, totaled bikes and multiple law suits. Kinda scary reading about all those failures, many low mileage tires, many with experienced riders who check tire pressure all the time and even the morning of the day of the failure. I'm not for or against any kind of tire, I believe we are all free to do what we want with our bikes, it's your call.

I called a local bike tire shop today. All they do is install bike tires. You bring it in, on the bike or not, and they install it. I asked if they would install a car tire on a bike rim. "No we will not, it's not safe!" Well, alrighty then. Thanks for your OPINION. I know for a fact that it's only "unsafe" because if someone did get hurt, whether the fault of the tire or not, somebody is gonna get sued. I guess I'll have to invest in a tire mounting machine if I really want to do it.

If hydroplaning was even an issue, then why would Harley, or anyone else, put wide car tires on a TRIKE? :think: