Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Bob, I am surprised that your Bridgestone front tire is already "flat" in the center portion, with only 1190 miles on it...at that time. There are several of us on here that have close to...or more than...10,000 miles on our OEM Bridgestones, and the front tire is wearing perfectly well. I fully expect to get well over 14k, and maybe as high as 16k out of my current Bridgestone tires. I have to wonder is tire pressure has anything to do with the way your front tire is wearing. I run 40/40 for my tires, and they look very good at almost 10,000 miles.
Miles:

I was referring to the Stock Rear Tire I removed at 1190 miles. Not the front tire! I have the front at 40 psi and I expect to to get approximately 12/14K miles service from it. The rear Stone had flattened in the very center of the tire. I suspect that the numerous tar/chip road surfaces, which abound in my neck of the woods, may have contributed to the accelerated wear I observed.

Regarding the Alpine CT Run Flat! It is fast becoming the choice of numerous Wing Riders. All of the info I've read to date indicates it is a high mileage tire with performance/handling that mirrors a MT. I know you'll do your "home work" before you make your final choice. Who knows! You may be the first Million Mile Dark Side Rider

Bob