Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
bob, you are going to run what you want so there is little to debate. However you cannot get around science, even though the folks on the DS forums seem to think so. Physics states the more contact, the greater the likelihood of hydroplaning, it is SCIENCE, not opinion.
I'll go one step further in pointing out that ALL of the tire manufacturers who produce tires that are routinely used by DS riders, have gone on record in stating it is NOT SAFE.
You might want to have a look at the FD parts breakdown to see how the lateral force applied by running a CT is going to affect your FD, along with the additional 4lbs minimum your setup has over stock. You ARE loading the bearings in a way they were not designed to be loaded.
Will you get away with running a DS setup? Sure, maybe, probably, not..... I sure wouldn't want to be that one fella who's FD goes, that is for sure.

I have NO desire to fight with you about this topic, BUT I also don't want to see some newb reading this, think its a great idea, and then getting him/herself killed. You went shopping on the DS forums for reinforcement for what you wanted to do, and you found it. I can point out a dozen sites that claim the Holocaust never happened, back it up with all kinds of info, BUT we both know the reality.
Thanks for sharing that with me!

I "personally" do not endorse the use of a CT's on anyone's motorcycle other than my own, however I like to exercise my "freedom of choice" when it comes to my motorcycle, tires, oil, filter, paint color, options, grades of gas, tire pressure etc. etc. etc.

I promise, you will be the first one I notify should I have a FD failure or other catastrophic event which resulted from my use of a CT. As this will be the my third "heavy cruiser" to wear a CT, I'm confident that my selection is "right for me".

With you sincere concerns on this matter, I do hope that you take them to the Goldwing Darksiders Forum where hundreds of riders are routinely "throwing caution to the wind" and running CT's without failures of any sort, be it a tire or mechanical in nature.

In closing I'd like to express my utmost confidence in "Mother Honda" to "overbuild" the F6B like every other machine they manufacture. I'm especially confident that the FD which is shared with the regular Wing are "bullet proof".

In the interest of "Personal Safety" I admit that the owners manual clearly states not to use a "car tire" on the F6B. That info is amongst a host of other warnings to include not towing a trailer, overloading, speeding etc.

Cordially

Bob

P.S. In regards to your statement of "loading the bearings" because of the of the additional 4lb. tire weight! Suggest you read and understand "unsprung/sprung weight".
http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7...r/sprung-c.htm