Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
My take:

If every man, woman and child had 3 assault rifles, each with (10) 100 round clips and 10,000 rounds of ammo, the outcome of the examples in the video would not have been much different.

Why? It was the state of mind of the people, not a state of their armament, that led to and allowed, yes, allowed virtually all those examples to exist.

Many of those leaders rose to power and were welcomed with open arms by their own people. They didn't pop up overnight by some hostile take over that could have been prevented by any 'well armed private militia'.

Oh, OK, well, let's say they turned 'bad' (!?!) after they came to power and had the military in their full control,,,

As any good terrorist in the Middle East will tell ya,,, Assault rifles, multi round clips,,, they will only get you so far against an organized Military,,, They certainly won't overthrow the air support, armor, or technology that exists en masse today.

We no longer live in a world where governments are removed/formed by taking everyone to an open field, 'musket vs musket', where the last man standing 'won',,, The type of world that existed back when the 2nd amendment was written.

Today, all the assault rifles/clips/ammo in the world aren't going to overturn a government.

But, if a dozen AK's and 50,000 rounds of ammo in your 'bunker' makes ya sleep better, who am I to say you're dreaming?

Ok, I suppose that is true for todays world but let me tell ya this. A few dozen AK47's and 50,000 rounds at my disposel, will allow me to take a few of them with me before I go and NOT just sit around unarmed and be taken without a FIGHT!