J&M 2003 install on f6b?

Thread: J&M 2003 install on f6b?

J&M 2003 install on f6b?

I have the handlebar mount J&M 2003 CB radio which I took off my last bike. Does anyone know if this can be mounted and used on the f6b? Where would I mount the whip antenna?

No replies? C'mon guys....I know you are the best motorcycle wrenchers out there!

OK, I called J&M this morning as was told that they do not currently offer any CB solutions for the f6b. When asked if they would, he didn't think so even though they are getting a lot of calls about units for the f6b. They don't even offer a bracket for mounting the old J&M 2003 CB to the handlebars. To say the least, I am very disappointed with J&M.

OK, I'll jump in. First, welcome to the forum.

There are some threads here with discussion on antennas and CB radios. Just off the top of my head, one sponsor here is BikeMP3 and I think they offer a CB solution for the F6.

With Bluetooth headsets and GMRS radio solutions and all the unprofessional chatter on CB's, are CB's still relevant? Simply asking..

Well, I travel with a Goldwing group and we keep the chatter to a minimum but I like to be kept informed about changes that are occurring as we ride.

CB

Google Zackabilly you should find him on another 1800 forum he put one
    on his f6b I believe he said it work fine but he would not do it again, I think
    he did not like it on the handle bar and just pm him when you find him he will
    help you he has plenty of information on most accessories.

Try BikeMP3's CB Kit

http://bikemp3.com/F6B-CB-Enable-Kit-HGW-F6B-CBE.htm

I ride with Goldwingers too and so I installed one of Pedro's kits on my F6B and it works great! I highly recommend if you want a CB on your F6B. If I can install one following Pedro's instructions anyone can.

Ride Safe, But Often!!

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    http://bikemp3.com/F6B-CB-Enable-Kit-HGW-F6B-CBE.htm

I ride with Goldwingers too and so I installed one of Pedro's kits on my F6B and it works great! I highly recommend if you want a CB on your F6B. If I can install one following Pedro's instructions anyone can.

Ride Safe, But Often!!
    There is a dealership in Beckley, W. Va. That will do the whole Bikemp3 install. I chose that one because it would be the closest installer to where I live......it is just going to be a lot of money.

Yep, I know the feeling!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CheckpointChcky View Post
    There is a dealership in Beckley, W. Va. That will do the whole Bikemp3 install. I chose that one because it would be the closest installer to where I live......it is just going to be a lot of money.
    I know the feeling, I had to bite the bullet and spend some $$$ too, but I have no complaints. Some riders spend that much on pipes.....everybody has their priorities and mine is riding and communicating with my Goldwing friends that I've ridden with for many years.

Ride Safe, But Often