2013 F6B Deluxe Blackout - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 F6B Deluxe Blackout

This is exactly what I am planning to do with mine. If you don't mind telling us, what kind of $ did it run you? It looks awesome!

Until we hear back from op anyone else mind telling me what brand that windshield is on his bike... I know he says its a 17" cee baileys but looks more like a baggershield or something to me.

Looks just like the Baggershield I have on my bike.

Beagle

Well I guess we're not going to get anymore information on this......

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    Looks just like the Baggershield I have on my bike.

Beagle
    Yep thats a Baggershield

Rhino Liner would be better than a Plastic dip stuff. Rhino would be pretty cool if they'd do it

The only plus Plasti Dip has is if after a few months you do not like the color anymore ( they sell a bunch of colors now ) is you can peel it right off and
    you are back to the stock bike color.Then if you want to try a different color you can have a different color F6B every year.I used Plasti Dip on truck
    wheels and sprayed different parts on my Canam Spyder through out the years.Very easy to use.Home Depot always has black in stock and you can order other colors from them.

More Info on Wrap

My bad guys on the slow response, I’ve been traveling a bunch for work and my daughter travels a bunch for softball. As for the windshield, I goofed on that one; I was working with multiple companies before I decided on one and misspoke. It’s the 17” smoke shield from BaggerShield.

Here’s the deal with the vinyl wrap. On vehicles with lots of compound curves, I would recommend an installer that has lots of experience. I would look at some of his prior work as well. A good installer can wrap just about anything. He actually did most of my stuff still attached (i.e fenders, front fairings and bags.) You can go on youtube and search vinyl motorcycle wrapping to see how guys stretch, heat and shrink over compound curves. The stuff is actually pretty amazing.

As far a cutting on the vehicle, my installer used cutting tape that’s very narrow and applied at an edge so that the vinyl can be cut without cutting on the surface. One the cut is made, the tape is pulled from underneath and the wrap is continued to the edge. The total cost for this was around $500. Cheap considering paint is much more expensive. Plus, since it’s kept inside the life span on the vinyl isn’t an issue. And if I get tired of it, I just peel it off.

Thanks for the update Robert!!
    At $500 it's a complete win. Up here in the great white north it will cost substantially more. Speaking to some of the better installers I have had prices from $1200 to as much as $2500.
    It does look amazing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robertbalcom View Post
    My bad guys on the slow response, I’ve been traveling a bunch for work and my daughter travels a bunch for softball. As for the windshield, I goofed on that one; I was working with multiple companies before I decided on one and misspoke. It’s the 17” smoke shield from BaggerShield.

Here’s the deal with the vinyl wrap. On vehicles with lots of compound curves, I would recommend an installer that has lots of experience. I would look at some of his prior work as well. A good installer can wrap just about anything. He actually did most of my stuff still attached (i.e fenders, front fairings and bags.) You can go on youtube and search vinyl motorcycle wrapping to see how guys stretch, heat and shrink over compound curves. The stuff is actually pretty amazing.

As far a cutting on the vehicle, my installer used cutting tape that’s very narrow and applied at an edge so that the vinyl can be cut without cutting on the surface. One the cut is made, the tape is pulled from underneath and the wrap is continued to the edge. The total cost for this was around $500. Cheap considering paint is much more expensive. Plus, since it’s kept inside the life span on the vinyl isn’t an issue. And if I get tired of it, I just peel it off.

Great info and it looks great.Plus for $500 that is a sweet deal for people having a paint issue.

Quote Originally Posted by robertbalcom View Post

Where are you located? what shop did you use?
    Thanks
    Kenny