Map case

Thread: Map case

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map case

Is anyone using a map case or tank bag on the F6B?

Any recommendations?

I tried using a map case on one trip and it really didn't work. I like following a paper map(old school) thought I had a good set up but it was flopping around and came loose eventually. Maybe I'll try it again on the next trip.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have seen ones that attach to your forearm, but can not find one. Aerostitch had one, but it is not on their site anymore. TouraTech site says coming soon. I might go back to maps. The newer GPS are becoming nothing more than platforms for phone and music connections, A to B and "I do not care how I get there" routing, and find the nearest Dairy Queen devices, instead of longer distance, off the Xway, route planning.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by royr View Post
    I have seen ones that attach to your forearm, but can not find one. Aerostitch had one, but it is not on their site anymore. TouraTech site says coming soon. I might go back to maps. The newer GPS are becoming nothing more than platforms for phone and music connections, A to B and "I do not care how I get there" routing, and find the nearest Dairy Queen devices, instead of longer distance, off the Xway, route planning.
    I agree. I mostly use my phone but when you're out in the boonies with no phone signal it doesn't work anyway.

I like using GPS just fine, but I still find it easier to get big picture information from a paper map. Seems there's not much out there to fit the Goldwing or the F6B. I did find a map holder from Utopia Products. For $17, it will be a reasonably priced experiment.