Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B. - Page 17

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    Yes, I just installed the Two Brothers pipes. I made a video comparing the TBR pipes and the 2014 stock pipes.
    I will say they sound really good. Any drone?

I think my only complaint would be how far they are spaced out compared to the stock pipes. I'd be concerned about scraping them going around corners. I'm not trying to upset you, but are you sure they are mounted correctly.

Screen shot from your video.

Versus screen shot from TBR video.

Thanks for the video.
    My other baby!
    [IMG] photo sigpic574691_2.gif_zpsrp7xvnxu.jpeg[/IMG]
    1974 F250 4X4 Cummins 12v, NV4500 , np205, Dana 60 Front, GM 14 bolt rear.
    Cummins swap/truck upgrade thread http://m.ford-trucks.com/forums/show....php?t=1181279

Quote Originally Posted by co425 View Post
    I will say they sound really good. Any drone?

I think my only complaint would be how far they are spaced out compared to the stock pipes. I'd be concerned about scraping them going around corners. I'm not trying to upset you, but are you sure they are mounted correctly.

Screen shot from your video.

Versus screen shot from TBR video.

Thanks for the video.
    CO, I'm not that sensitive... I noticed the difference in spacing too when I installed these pipes. I tried and tried to get them to turn as far toward the inside of the bike as possible like it is displayed in the TBR video... but unfortunately, the connectors that were supplied to me only allowed the pipes to turn in as far as they currently are displayed on my video. The connectors are labeled Right and left... and I verified I installed the correct connector on its respective side.

As far as drone... there is a low hum sound, but it doesn't bother me...I'm not sure if that's a droning sound... to me, it sounds more like a race car. However, there was one owner who posted a comment on my YouTube video. He stated he recently installed the TBR and hears a droning sound when the bike is above 2K rpm, and he hears a droning sound at freeway speeds that almost drives him crazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Co425, I want to thank you for bringing to my attention my error in mounting and the possible scraping of the pipes during a turn. After I read your message, I went to my bike and looked under the pipes... and sure enough... some scraping...uggggg!!! Anyway, I reviewed the online instructions (in color) verses the black and white copy that was provided in the box. And noticed the pipes were supposed to be mounted BEHIND the mounting bracket under the saddlebags, unlike the stock pipes which were mounted in front of the mounting bracket. Well, after several more hours of trying to find the sweet spot of those freaken connectors to line the pipes up properly, I FINALLY got it right.

I wish the instructions were more detailed, and the connectors labeled up or down or some form of reference to help us figure out how the connectors should line up as a point of reference so we don't have to bang our heads for so many hours figuring it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Co425, I want to thank you for bringing to my attention my error in mounting and the possible scraping of the pipes during a turn. After I read your message, I went to my bike and looked under the pipes... and sure enough... some scraping...uggggg!!! Anyway, I reviewed the online instructions (in color) verses the black and white copy that was provided in the box. And noticed the pipes were supposed to be mounted BEHIND the mounting bracket under the saddlebags, unlike the stock pipes which were mounted in front of the mounting bracket. Well, after several more hours of trying to find the sweet spot of those freaken connectors to line the pipes up properly, I FINALLY got it right.

I wish the instructions were more detailed, and the connectors labeled up or down or some form of reference to help us figure out how the connectors should line up as a point of reference so we don't have to bang our heads for so many hours figuring it out.
    I am glad you figured it out. That was my single reason for not ordering them. A low hum doesn't bother me a bit. I wear ear plugs all the time anyway. Thanks again for the reply.
    My other baby!
    [IMG] photo sigpic574691_2.gif_zpsrp7xvnxu.jpeg[/IMG]
    1974 F250 4X4 Cummins 12v, NV4500 , np205, Dana 60 Front, GM 14 bolt rear.
    Cummins swap/truck upgrade thread http://m.ford-trucks.com/forums/show....php?t=1181279

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Stock, can't believe I am saying this, getting older I guess, but I don't mind the sound, or should I say, lack of it. It will never sound like my old Harley and that's ok. Love the sound of it winding out, love the sound of the radio at 65 mph, just love the bike,maybe I will switch exhaust some day, maybe I won't. It's all good.
    +1

Audio!

Now that you fellows have worked out the mounting kinks, I can proceed to thank you for this video! This is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the effort you put into making it. You've made the decision making process much easier.

Have read that the '15s have a little more sound and/or tone than previous years. Can you hear the difference or is it so slight you need a sound meter to detect a difference? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by xcrider View Post
    Have read that the '15s have a little more sound and/or tone than previous years. Can you hear the difference or is it so slight you need a sound meter to detect a difference? Just curious
    15's Sound alot better.

Vance & Hines Monster

With the video and discussion relevant to V&H Monster efficiency, HP and torque output over stock, I've just sent a well worded respectful request to V&H USA for any details such as dyno results of Monsters compared to stock, prior to my purchasing a set for my 15 F6B.
    It will be interesting to see if I get a reply.
    I too like the company and have had V&H pipes fitted to three other bikes with great results on HD's.
    I'll post back here if I hear back from them.
    Either way, I want a set.
    Best wishes all.
    Ken
    2015 Blue F6B
    Cairns AUSTRALIA

Currently running stock pipes on my'13 B and happy about it. The sound of the pipes, or lack thereof, are fine to my soon to be 50yo ears. However, both my boys, one riding a '15 Honda CBR600RR and the other riding a '15 Indian Scout, tell me I sound like a George Jettson mobile going down the road at speed.... Lol. Just got sound purposes only I would like to put a set of stock pipes off of a '15 F6B just to hear the difference between the two. Any new owners have their stock pipes up for sale yet?

Now my two cents on the aftermarket pipes making more HP over stock debate. While I don't doubt that the aftermarket ones will increase HP by marginal numbers, 3-10%, on a good day; remembering from my days of building muscle cars in the early 80's all I can say is that most through design exhaust systems only give gains at WOT and usually not through the entire RPM range. Last I checked I don't ride my B WOT enough to warrant the expense of aftermarket pipes fit a few % increase in power. Any change to the exhaust that I would make would be for sound purposes only. Just my two cents. Besides I couldn't care less about any of that when I'm rolling down the road and have the usual smile on my face that only the B can put there.