Anyone ever had a side car on their motorcycle

Thread: Anyone ever had a side car on their motorcycle

Anyone ever had a side car on their motorcycle

Just curious if anyone has ever mounted a sidecar on their motorcycle. I know this is not for everyone but I was just curious as to what it was like to ride with one attached.

In my opinion, not fun, been there, done that. I'd rather ride a trike. To each his own. I bought an electra glide with a side car one time to get a friend out of bind, didn't keep it long, just long enough for one of my daughters and her date to go to their prom. By the way, the dude was in the side car, my daughter twisting the throttle.

Rode in one once…scared the hell out of me!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I rode a Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe with a Hannigan side car for two years. It was kind of fun, but a trike is a lot more enjoyable. It did take a while to get use to it. You have to be careful with right hand turns. I took a beating financially when I sold it. Its best to buy a used rig if possible. Having said all of that, I've met people who love their sidecar and wouldn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Rode in one once…scared the hell out of me!!!!!!
    Yeah that's because you forgot to mention that Yellow Wolf was the driver
    Ride it like you stole it

Yes, I currently own a Ural Tourist. The handling is terrible, but still I just love it. Once you realize that it is its own thing and not to be compared with two wheels, it's great.

I used to have a BMW with a Hannigan sidecar that handled a lot better than the Ural, and was faster too. I'll have another someday. But not on the F6B.