Valkyrie fanatic lusting after F6B.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valkyrie fanatic lusting after F6B.

Valkyrie fanatic lusting after F6B.

Greetings! First post, not an F6B owner yet but I think it will happen soon.
    I am presently going through the mental throes of convincing myself to let loose of the best cruiser motorcycles ever built, the first generation Valkyrie. Presently between the wife & I we have 3 Valks & a 2005 Shadow Spirit 750, her first bike. Wanting to downsize the bike fleet while upgrading the fleet in age. Obviously that means another flat 6 powered bike as anything else is a step backwards. We Valkers have been clamoring for an updated Valkyrie for years & it looks to me that the F6B IS the new Valkyrie Tourer. I'm a little put off by the fixed fairing of the F6B but I don't see any sense in buying a new Valkyrie then adding bags & a windshield when the F6B looks just right.
    Also looking at the CTX1300 as a replacement for the wife's Valkyrie.
    What do you guys think? Am I on the right track here?
    Attachment 6143

I say ride an f6b.
    Then be prepared to sign away... I had a 98 tourer, and got rid of it. I never found a bike that would make me smile like the Valk,till I rode an F6B.

shooter
    I second that as far as baggers go.

I'd also say just test ride an F6B...and then smile..I am in the process of thinning my stable of bikes to pay for the Red/Black F6BD that I just bought.
    I sold my 09 Valkyrie Tourer to a friend in Florida. Being the good salesman I sealed the deal by riding the bike to him from my
    home in New Jersey. Next on the selling block is my 99 Valkyrie Interstate..then comes the 1975 GoldWing.

I will miss the Valkyries and the Wing but the F6B is more than capable in filling the gap. Biggest startling difference to me is the low speed handling on
    the F6B. It is "lights out " better than the Valkyrie. The fixed fairing takes a little bit of time to get used to but not by much time.

The stock sporty windshield has already been replaced by a stock 03 GoldWing windshield that I had.( I need to just modify it more with new mounting
    holes to get it low enough to completely see over)
    The rear Passenger backrest is being replaced by an Ultimate backrest and the driver position is getting a Utopia backrest.

I kept an open mind about the "new" Valkyrie but after seeing one in person. I was underwhelmed.the F6B beside it was another story.
    Sat on it, pulled it upright,rocked it back and forth.. and sensed and thought ... This is real nice !

To answer your question...Yes you are on the right track

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Sell all 4 and get 2 F6B's. Wife and I both ride 6's,,,

Rode my 99 Black Valk Tourer for 7 years and really loved the thing...Traded it for a VTX which was a big mistake for me, but that is history...3 bikes later I bought the F6B, and in my judgment, much better in everyway than the old Valk...The F6B fits the bill for me just fine and although I do like the new Valkyrie it is just not me anymore at 74 years old...Like you said, can't see buying the Valk then adding bags and shield etc...My guess is that the next years Valk will come from the factory with bags, windshield, etc. etc....Good Luck

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    The F6B fits the bill for me just fine and although I do like the new Valkyrie it is just not me anymore at 74 years old...Like you said, can't see buying the Valk then adding bags and shield etc...My guess is that the next years Valk will come from the factory with bags, windshield, etc. etc....Good Luck
    Yup. I agree,,,,,,,

Add bags and shield??? Been there, done that. Always ended up lookin like they were an 'add on',,,.

A 'Valk Tourer' might be in the works,,, It would be real easy for Honda to offer one,, but,,, dunno,,,???

What DO I know???? I'm a 'bagger' rider,,, Got me a bagger. Life is good!

It's Love at first ride...... Can't imagine having anything But an F6B. Test Ride one then you will know for sure!

I bought my new 98 Valk standard in 2000 as a hold over. Jump to Oct. 2013 with 107,000 miles I had stopped looking for a replacement of my Valk about 3-4 years prier. Just was not any thing that fit or compared to the Valk. My 98 standard morffed to a small windshield tour with I State saddle bags. Spring of 2013 I ventured into a Honda dealer where I spotted the F6B. Love at first sight? Just the look I didn't know I was looking for. Sat on it, and first thought was I can't get to the back of seat, arms not long enough. Hence can I even use a drivers backrest? Then the price tag, really wanted the deluxe. Walked away but the seed was planted. Jump to Oct 2013. Found that I may be able to adjust a Utopia backrest far enough forward to work, not curtain, just may be. With a heavy heart I started the prosses of trading off my Valk. While the dealer was trying to come up with a trade price I asked to take there demo out for a ride, told them I needed to see if it was indeed what I was looking for. Squared the F6B up on the highway in first gear at about 5mph and twisted the throttle WFO. I found the back of the drivers seat. Now remember that sh#t eating grin on your first Valk ride? I know the sale guy knew he had me with that silly grin. Then a month after, mid Nov the released the new Valk. I knew I had made the right decision with the F6B. When I'm on call I need to carry 2 tool bags and the F6B fills the bill.

Why trade? The bike you have is big enough to carry a large bull.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!