Honda Protection Plan Proof of Coverage?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda Protection Plan Proof of Coverage?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Honda Protection Plan Proof of Coverage?

So... I bought my F6B about four weeks ago (the Ultrafast Yellow one). At the time I also paid for the 48 month Honda Protection Plan extended warranty.

Aside from the charge for "a" service plan on the bill of sale, should I expect to receive some other proof of warranty coverage... like a warranty card or some such?

The last new bike I bought was a VTX1300S way back in 2003. I bought an extended warranty with that bike, but it wasn't Honda's plan, and I did receive warranty info documents for that.

Does Honda provide warranty proof, or am I supposed to trust that the dealer gets me registered into Honda's "system" somehow?

Anyone?... anyone?... Bueller?
    Thanks!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

That's a great question.
    I just purchased a new F6B, (the Ultrafast Black one).
    I also paid extra for the Honda Protection Plan, went for the 4-year add on also, so I'm good for 7 years with roadside assistance.
    ... Or so I thought.
    Then a week went by, then another, then another, started to think my salesman got me.
    But I finally got the warranty info packet from Honda, the return address was "Honda Protection Plans..."
    They give you a beautifully designed booklet with all of the pertinent vehicle information, etc.
    Then there are about 20 pages of the legal info, and on the back page is a peel off credit card for your wallet, with the toll-free telephone number.

So, be patient, it will show up, took about 4 weeks for mine to show up.
    The best part was looking at the expiration date of my warranty: 04/19/2021.

Just out of curiosity how much are you paying for the extra 4 years? My Dealer wants $700 and DirectLineParts wants $800 for the HondaCare Plan.
    2013 Black Smoke Chrome LE Honda Goldwing F6B 04/26/2014
    2007 Blue/White Suzuki M109R LE 05/02/2007
    2003 Candy Red Honda VTX1800C 04/01/2005
    1999 Black/Red Honda Valkyrie Interstate 05/05/2012 (Sold 7/25/15)
    1973 Gold Honda CB750 Four 04/16/2010

Paid $525 I think, the cost to the dealer from Honda is set and your price is whatever the dealer wants to stick you with. The best I've heard is around 500

Quote Originally Posted by PA_F6Ber View Post
    Just out of curiosity how much are you paying for the extra 4 years? My Dealer wants $700 and DirectLineParts wants $800 for the HondaCare Plan.
    My dealer hooked me up for $600. I thought that was more than reasonable given that he had previously offered me some third-party for about $1600!

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    I will coordinate a "GROUP" Buy in 2015 for those that want the additional 4 year extended warranty.

The last time that I did this, 24 guys purchased the warranty for $495 ….. should not be much more then that.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I will coordinate a "GROUP" Buy in 2015 for those that want the additional 4 year extended warranty.

The last time that I did this, 24 guys purchased the warranty for $495 ….. should not be much more then that.
    DOH!
    Well, someone's gonna get a great deal.
    Thanks, Phantom!!

Put me on the list too.

I am in as well. Thanks!

Count me in and many thanks in advance