Quote Originally Posted by Yeahoo Whoyah View Post
A week ago I received the EC single shooters with the upgraded gasket and the heat sinks and installed them today. They work great, thanks Miles for the recommendation. The install went well expect for one issue. The back of the left panel switch (radio control module) would not clip back in after installing the EC switch into the dead plate. The switch wires added to the existing wire bundle used up what little space is available in the back cover exit arch. I used my Dremel tool to enlarge the exit arch a bit but no luck. I got tired of messing with it and reassembled into the fairing with the back not fully engaged into the tabs. I suppose this could allow some moisture and dirt into the back of the left switch panel over time. It's good enough for now. I may make another attempt when the garage cools down,,,,in October I suppose.
Another small annoyance was the EC light kit was missing the 4 locknuts for use with the SS flat head socket cap screws. Fortunately I have fasteners on hand to I didn't have to make a trip to the hardware store.

Those panels have never been easy to clip back on since the wing came out, we often have to heat the tabs and bend them out, also try a different wiring route.