Tool kit Canada only?! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tool kit Canada only?!

Whats in th kit

Quote Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
    Hey,

I understand your points......however, Honda Canada charges us about $1750.00 for the extended warranty while you "Southern People (that's the U.S. from where I live)" can get it for $500-$600. If you want me to send you my tool kit and you send me the $1000.00 difference (after adjusting for currency) for the extended warranty, I am in okay....I am being an ass but it doesn't just work one way (as in advantage Canadians all the time ).

Gripper
    Hey Gripper.....what actually comes in the Canadian tool kit. I am picking up a bike in Vancouver in two weeks and heading for the east coast....have to install a few things like mini floorboards and highway pegs.....anyway you could post a list or even better a photo of the tool kit contents. Sorry for being a PITA.

tinkerman

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
    Hey Gripper.....what actually comes in the Canadian tool kit. I am picking up a bike in Vancouver in two weeks and heading for the east coast....have to install a few things like mini floorboards and highway pegs.....anyway you could post a list or even better a photo of the tool kit contents. Sorry for being a PITA.

tinkerman
    If ya REALLY got to have one,,,,, And have a spare ~85~ bucks burnin a hole in yer pocket,,,,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Tool-K...-/331058874591

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    If ya REALLY got to have one,,,,, And have a spare ~85~ bucks burnin a hole in yer pocket,,,,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Tool-K...-/331058874591
    No, I don't REALLY have to have one....but I do want enough chit to install a set of highway pegs, mini floorboards for the missus, a gps mount and a few other odds and ends when I get out on the west coast.....6000 km away from my home base. If it isn't in the kit, and thanks for posting the pic, then I will bring it with me.....shouldn't need anymore than a set of Allan keys and a small wrench or two.

In the bigger picture on this issue of a tool kit, I am 55 years old, been running bikes for most of those years by far, and even in recent years spent most of my time on 40 year old bikes. Going without a small, lean, condensed set of tools would be like going without my teeth....I have found a set of tools to be very helpful to other bikers and around the campsites and or motels we were using over the years, as much as they were helpful in keeping together the old iron I was running.

tinkerman

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I doubt any OEM kit would have enough tools of the right type to mount accessories. (As I'm sure most are aware of, many USA-made accessories don't use metric fasteners. Lotsa metric wrench's will generally work on 'American' bolts, but small allen screws are another story,,,)

I've carried my own 'tool kits' on all my bikes for many moons now. Granted, my current 'kit' does not have a spark-plug socket like Honda's, but Geez,,, "Changin' plugs out on the road" on anything I've owned went to the wayside several decades ago,,,

Not that it matters, but I put together a far-greater variety of useable tools than what's included in the OEM kit for my 6. Wrapped 'em in a $25 toll roll and still didn't spend $85,,,

Tool Kit

Quote Originally Posted by FlatSixBagger View Post
    I got the helmet strap with mine but no tool kit
    Me too.

Tool Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone56 View Post
    Me too.
    Riding with some friends in NC a couple of weeks ago and my MBL risers started coming loose. One of the other riders had a small compact set of tools, socket set and allen wrenches. That will be the next thing I add to the saddlebags.

Toolkit and Extended Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone56 View Post
    Riding with some friends in NC a couple of weeks ago and my MBL risers started coming loose. One of the other riders had a small compact set of tools, socket set and allen wrenches. That will be the next thing I add to the saddlebags.
    ScotRod....thanks for letting Tinkerman know what was in the Toolkit. Eric....I wish I could buy the Extended Warranty in the U.S. but don't think I can .....would be sweet though!

Tool kit

Not only Canada you get a complete tool kit in Sweden also

Quote Originally Posted by richw56 View Post
    T
    No tool kit.
    I agree it seems stupid that Canadians get the tool kit, but those in the USA do not.
    I can't imagine what the rationale behind that could possibly be.
    Apparently Honda doesn't trust us stupid Americans to use tools.

last week i installed my centerstand

used the toolkit out of my Suzuki Volusia...

it had everything I needed, open end wrenches, allen head wrenches...

a bunch of other tools.....

HMMM I really need to take that outa there...

Score! one free toolkit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo