Ultimate Seat - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultimate Seat

My "B" had a Ultimate when I brought it. It's a good seat but RDL is the best MC saddle I've ever sat my butt on (I've had 2). Get one, you won't be sorry & your butt will be smiling.

I've had my stock seat sitting around for a year or so. I've often thought about offering it to forum members who are interested in sending their stock seat for modifications. So, here it is....
    My seat is available for anybody who wants to pay shipping as long as the receiver is ready to pay it forward. Pay shipping and use my stock seat while your seat is out for modification. When you receive your seat back, offer my seat to somebody else.
    Receiver pays shipping, seat keeps moving to whomever is interested.
    Who is first?
    PM me with info and I'll PM your shipping cost. If you're not too far from me we may be able to arrange something to avoid shipping fees.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Ultimate King

I have the Ultimate King and it made a huge difference when I installed it over the stock seat. With the Stock seat I was able to ride about about 100 miles before I needed a stretch break. Now with the Ultimate King I can go a full tank without needing to get off and take stretch.

I did not find much difference in riding position.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    I've had my stock seat sitting around for a year or so. I've often thought about offering it to forum members who are interested in sending their stock seat for modifications. So, here it is....
    My seat is available for anybody who wants to pay shipping as long as the receiver is ready to pay it forward. Pay shipping and use my stock seat while your seat is out for modification. When you receive your seat back, offer my seat to somebody else.
    Receiver pays shipping, seat keeps moving to whomever is interested.
    Who is first?
    PM me with info and I'll PM your shipping cost. If you're not too far from me we may be able to arrange something to avoid shipping fees.
    That is really cool! I will admit, sending In your own seat to have it modified wasn’t appealing. Can you have a rider backrest with the RSD? Like maybe add a Utopia?

I’ve had my ultimate midrider for 10k Miles now. I swear it keeps getting more and more comfortable. I really didn’t like the looks of the Russel and as others have mentioned the loss of the stock seat.

I had a pinch between my shoulders that would become unbearable after an hour or so. The ultimate moved me forward just enough to get rid of it. This seat transformed this bike (for me) from something intolerable into something I don’t even get out of the saddle at fuel stops on 600-700 mile days.

I also can’t say enough about their customer service. They even gave me one of their technicians personal cell numbers when I had a question that required a call back during their off hours.

I am 5’7” with a 29-30” inseam 180lbs.

Ultimate King rider with both backrests

I recently purchased a King rider with both backrests and found it to be very comfortable. I'm 6'3 and a bigger guy. It sat me back maybe an inch, and sat me up just a little which was noticeable by the height of my windshield line of vision.. No big difference in seating position, but a hell of a lot more comfortable and supportive than the stock. I do find myself sliding forward sometimes in it, as it is leather versus that foamy weird material on the stock seat. I love the looks of it and my wife said it is much more comfortable as a passenger. I found mine used on craigslist and still paid $650 for it. It was only used 2000 miles before owner sold bike.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered my Ultimate seat with rider and passenger backrest. I'll get some pictures up once I get it mounted.

Seat installed

Okay, got the Ultimate Seat and it was pretty easy to install. Especially after I got the left side screw holes lined up, lol..

I took the bike out for a quick little 15 mile run.

Here are my initial thoughts:

Maybe a half inch higher than stock I'm pretty sure it's less than 1 inch. (Already on the balls of my feet)
    Seems like I am pushed forward just a little.
    I have rider and passenger back rests. I found myself wanting to lean all the back but then realized I don't ride that way. I should ride in "my" normal position then lean back when I want to "chill" for a little while.
    I think there will have to be a break-in period.

Again, this was only a 15 mile or so little run.

Any feedback would be helpful.

TIA :-)